Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ over LAN

Options
  • 13-03-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi & thanks in advance,

Basically I've got my place wired with Cat5E back to patch panel & a 24port Zyxel switch, Ive got a pc + television with scart,co-ax,rgb in connections on it & 2 data sockets next to it, in my bedroom, and Ive sky+ box downstairs next to a data outlet, Is there anyway I can convert the Co-Ax or scart out of the sky+ to CAT5 send it over my Lan to the outlet upstairs and convert it back to show on my television?

Does Anyone know if this is even possible or am I asking to much here?

Thanks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

You could use video baluns. They convert coax to cat5e and then back again. Probably cost about 30 euro for a cheap pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I use a wireless unit which also transmits the remote signal back to the Sky box for channel changing etc.

'video sender' or something like that, it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

first, Sorry for the delay in coming back, PC was down all week, Thanks for the replies

Fusion - Any idea where I could pick up these baluns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Heya,

Anywhere online really or Maplin might have em. If you have no joy PM me and Ill get you a pair, as I say think they cost around 30 euro all in. Though you may need one or two more connectors, no big deal though...

Advertisement