Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser HD 595

• 13-03-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I spotted a post in the Headphones & Portable Audio Devices forum about these.

fe4ff5.jpg

Curry's are selling these for €39.98.

Seems like great value and they have some good reviews
    I just picked up a set in Mahon Point and there's 4 left.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

<Insert Disappointed Face here>

Raced down to Curry's here in Galway after reading this thread, using all my driving prowess to dodge the horrible Saturday afternoon traffic. Burst through the doors, straight to the bargain bin where I had seen the headphones jumbled before...did they have any Senn's 595's left for sale!? Did they fu..

I are sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Nice, but I need ones with a mic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD595-HD-595-Premier-Headphone/dp/B0001FTVE0

That considered, a good price. Probably a good upgrade from my HD205s and for the same price. Is there a currys in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Has to be a serious misprice! Going back over to my local curries now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

majiktripp wrote: »
    straight to the bargain bin where I had seen the headphones jumbled before...did they have any Senn's 595's left for sale!? Did they fu..

I are sad.

They weren't in the bargain bin in Cork they over in the display for Sennheiser headphones and still had a price tag of €199.I just grabbed a set and asked the cashier to price them for me just to be sure.

• Advertisement

I checked the regular headphone section too, they had no 595's model's left at all. They did however have PXC 450 (which are AWESOME) but we're priced at €350 so I wonder would they be dicounted also.... I never asked though..

majiktripp wrote: »
    I checked the regular headphone section too, they had no 595's model's left at all. They did however have PXC 450 (which are AWESOME) but we're priced at €350 so I wonder would they be dicounted also.... I never asked though..

That's a balls man,I could pop in on Monday and pick up a pair for you if there's any left.

Ah no its cool, thanks for the offer. More of a if they were there I would have bought them, but I can live without them all the same :)

I got the display model in Liffey Valley, last one there.

I think your man said they'd 4 left in Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Calow Letterkenny and Cork are the only stores with them left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

paid around 90e for a pair of these 2 years ago well worth the money !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I'd of bought a second pair of these if I could at this price, they're very easy on the ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

On reading this thread i dashed to the Carlow store only to find the website lied and they closed at 6 and not 8.

Do you reckon they'll still be there first thing tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I got the display model in Liffey Valley, last one there.

I think your man said they'd 4 left in Carlow.

Snapping up the bargains as always. :D

Morf wrote: »
    On reading this thread i dashed to the Carlow store only to find the website lied and they closed at 6 and not 8.

Do you reckon they'll still be there first thing tomorrow?

It's got to be worth it for the money you can't go wrong.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Anyone know what time Currys opens at on Sundays?

I might take trip to Letterkenny tomorrow, though I'd better call them first to check stock and price.

Carlow is 2 - 6 on Sunday anyway.

My own feeling is that i can't go wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They were not in Dundalk today, sadly.

Most of these branches open at 12 on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They're only left in Carlow and Cork......

Anyone willing to pick me up a pair? Pretty please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Cork45, had they many of these when you were in there? Only 20 minutes away from Mahon point and wouldnt mind keeping up my annual purchase of headphones! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

1 left in cork ;)
    Epic BA, only last week I was looking at hd555 for around €100

ooh, i'm tempted now with little time to make a decision, when were you in there?

None left in Cork. Finally got through on the phone but all gone.
    :(

Ah feck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Any in limerick? If you get in before me today please pick up an extra one for me! Probly wont get in till 5pm or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

balls, just drove down to mahon point but all gone as others said. I was going to go earlier nd all but I didn't know when they opened :(

If anyone can get me a pair in Carlow I'll reimburse asap and be eternally grateful! Can drive and collect Tues., just not today or tom.! Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just in Sligo store on their free WiFi - none here! :(

• Advertisement

Anyone feel like checking the price of Sennheiser PXC 450 Noise Cancelling ones if they see them? Would be interested to know if they're mispriced also...
    Look like this :
    sennheiser-pxc-450-controls.jpg

Gone from Carlow too now so none left in Ireland. Rang Newry, they have them but they're not reduced in the UK - they're £169.95 STG!

Spoke to manager in Carlow, one customer bought two pairs the second they opened and the other two pairs they had went on individual sales.

The guy who bought two must have found out from this thread, always think its poor from buying more than one on these situations..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The guy who bought two must have found out from this thread, always think its poor from buying more than one on these situations..

I think getting 2 is ok....maybe one was for his mate/GF/family?

anyone buying more than 2 would obviously planning on re-selling and making a few quid...fair play to them i suppose....

That's just the way the cookie crumbles Zonda999.
    I used my pair to listen to a movie on and I have to say they are great quality, I read a review today that said that they need to be broken in, Is this true?

I posted earlier that that I bought 5 set's and that they were for sale and somebody reported the post,Needless to say I was Joking

• Advertisement

cork45 wrote: »
    I read a review today that said that they need to be broken in, Is this true?

I've mine a few months and they're as good as day-one. Can't say I've noticed any improvement ,unless I bought better equipment to use them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cork45 wrote: »
    Needless to say I was Joking
    But it wasn't "needless to say".. for all people knew, you were serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Have a pair of these myself for 4 years. Can't recommend them enough (with a proper pro-audio soundcard)

basquille wrote: »
    But it wasn't "needless to say".. for all people knew, you were serious!

Well I wasn't, And I was just making it clear.

banquo wrote: »
    with a proper pro-audio soundcard

That's next on the list, someone go find a bargain :D

• Advertisement

I was standing beside him asking about the display pair. They sold the display pair to somebody on the phone as i was asking in-store. I reckon that's a bit off myself but these things happen.

Had there been more in Liffey Valley I would've picked them up for friends who I know would've gladly jumped at them.

banquo wrote: »
    Have a pair of these myself for 4 years. Can't recommend them enough (with a proper pro-audio soundcard)

I was connecting them to my amp,would I be better off connecting to my soundcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Great bargain!! paid 60 Pounds for HD 555 baout 2 years ago and from a Wbat seller. Asked Peats and they quoted me €159 for HD 555 back than. really happy with mine and thyey are very comfortable, so guess 595 can obly be better :).

Kinda annoyed about hearing that - Currys aren't supposed to take orders/payment over the phone.

Not that I'd have driven to Carlow though so I suppose it's my own tough!

If they reduce any of the other quality phones PLEASE let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 KonstanDKAY

Just to let you know that it was me who snapped up the two pairs in Carlow and they both went to very loving homes; my dad and I have been looking for such a bargain for ages.

I could have collected for anyone else who wanted them from Dublin, but I did not read the posts late Saturday/ Sunday... by the by I did offer a lift on carpool.ie for return trip to Carlow to get there by opening time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 elle150

There is one pair of sennhieser hd555 left in currys carlow . ONLY €24.97.

elle150 wrote: »
    There is one pair of sennhieser hd555 left in currys carlow . ONLY €24.97.

Pretty spectacular deal at that price! Wonder if this is nationwide with Currys...I'll ring their helpline.....oh wait, they never answer it....and on the rare occasion they do they haven't a clue what you're talking about or stock levels or anything remotely concerned with your query!

At this rate I'm moving to Carlow - seems like that store has some amazing deals when they pop up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 elle150

get deals lads. if anyone is looking for a fridge/freezer. they have a bosch for €229.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Was in the one in Dundalk earlier, no sign of the ear phones but did pick up the below set of speakers. They said on the sign reduced to 18.97 and when I went to pay they scanned at 9.97.

Maybe not the best set of speakers in the world but for a tenner you can't go far wrong.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/232

Review

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/old/index.php?x=reviews&id=636

Opr

• Advertisement
Advertisement