Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Villa Match Thread

• 13-03-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

VILLA: Friedel, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, A Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing; Heskey, Carew. Subs: Agbonlahor, Guzan, Delph, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Beye, L Young.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gabby off the bench will be a nice option. Hopefully we dont need him though.

Both Cb's on a yellow now with only 23m gone.

Now Milner is booked, WTF

Awful final ball yet again, Downing guilty this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

HT, poor enough game so far, one goal will decide it I'd say or it will stay 0-0.

Could see Gabby coming on at 60 minutes to change it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Whats it been like so far?

Sh1t going forward. Players look tired.

Great defending so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

poor result for Villa here if it stays like this

Stoke is not an easy place to go, but with aspirations for 4th they need to be winning to keep pace with Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Esse85 wrote: »
    Sh1t going forward. Players look tired.

Great defending so far.

Wonder if this cos of fixture congestion and the cup games, or MON's lack or rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs playing there next week and a point for any team there is pretty good a win is excellent

• Advertisement

Spurs playing there next week and a point for any team there is pretty good a win is excellent

not at this stage of the season

its so tight that Villa, Spurs, City cannot be dropping points

i know Stoke are a difficult proposition at home, but this is when the real top 4 contenders will separate themselves imo

Wonder if this cos of fixture congestion and the cup games, or MON's lack or rotation?
    Both I would argue.

Its the awful attacking play that worries me, the Stoke GK wont get many easier games than that.

Both I would argue.

Its the awful attacking play that worries me, the Stoke GK wont get many easier games than that.

its the same as last season tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Both I would argue.

The worrying thing when you look at the bench is that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a credible alternative for midfield.

Young, Downing, Petrov and Milner are as near to 100% certain to start the next game no matter how good or bad they did today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

absolute rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Shit result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Disappointed for Villa today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just seen the result. Ah balls in anyways.

I'm not surprised or disappointed with a point at Stoke. Horrible place to go and any team with a reliance on wingers stuggles. As long as we win at Wigan things are ok.

JPA wrote: »
    I'm not surprised or disappointed with a point at Stoke. Horrible place to go and any team with a reliance on wingers stuggles. As long as we win at Wigan things are ok.

i think we need 9 from the next 3 tbh, or the dream is over for another year

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    i think we need 9 from the next 3 tbh, or the dream is over for another year

Possibly, but 7 is not disasterous. It's not like the other contenders won't drop points. Spurs at Stoke next week.

oh aye i know, but its no use at this stage them dropping the same points as us

we need to actually gain ground not keep parity

the thing with the draws we've had is that if we treated each of those games as "everything but the kitchen sink" we'd have won more of them. yeh wed have lost some, but a win and a loss is worth more to you than 2 draws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Think todays draw was a bad draw for villa , can see another one midweek away to wigan. in saying that villa's run-in isnt half bad but they need to get a run going and quick...me thinks the winner of the re-arranged city v spurs tie at eastlands will get 4th spot.

Advertisement