Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown silent voicemails

• 13-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im getting random silent voicemails it could be when I turn on my mobile or they are dialing 0855 xxxxxxxxx but they are on unknown number. Ive been in touch with Meteor but more or less fobbed me off, and contact the guards. The calls could be once a week or every 2 weeks or longer but they only last between 2 and 10 sec's. Is there any way these can be traced without the guards being involved as they are not threatening in anyway and I beleive it can take months for there to be an outcome. Just another query that a friend has brought up that if the person was useing an unregistared sim but in their own phone can that be traced through the IMEI number?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I've heard of something like this before with premium rate lines doing this kind of thing to get you to return the call.

I'm not certain that this is what's happening in your case but it's a possibility. If you can't think of anyone else who could be doing this or any reason why it's happening then it might be that your number has made it's way onto an auto-dialer list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks Bob, Ive about 60 names in my phone book, I know billy no mates :), but im very fussy who i give my number out too and Ive txt them all to see if by mistake they have left the voicemail but that drew a blank.

Advertisement