Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone repair shop in galway city

Options
  • 13-03-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Recently damaged the screen of my phone:mad: phone still works, but screen is blank. its a sony ericsson g705. I was told to check above the joke shop down shopstreet :confused:

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's a shop above the joke shop on the third floor, they're fairly decent and won't charge you if they can't fix it. If you were looking for directions its up near the military store/butlers, you'll probably see one of the lads holding a sign for it. Btw, pm me I has stuff for yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Maybe the guys above the joke shop might be able to fix it....but one of them is the most ignorant w*nker I have ever come across. I asked him if he would take a look at an old phone I had as it wasnt turning on. All he asked me was "why do you want it". Told him I had some photos,numbers etc on it. He proceeded to mumble, fling a battery across the counter at me and barely looked at me. I was so mad at that service that i just grabed my phone and walked out. Im not a prima-donna expecting rose petals at my feet, but i do expect a bit of courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

I also found the staff in the shop extremely difficult to deal with, ignorant and overpriced, so I went to the phone repair shop above the military shop.I'm not sure if there still open though, the guy was really helpful and a lot cheaper than the other phone shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

he said it wud be 50euro for a replacement lcd screen, i can fix it myself , just need screen:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

he said it wud be 50euro for a replacement lcd screen, i can fix it myself , just need screen

You could try here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=g705+screen&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I fixed my last broken N93 screen via a €10 one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

try here, https://www.formymobile.co.uk/

just ordered a LCD & cover for an E51 for under 30euros incl. P&P, which is not a bad price and IMHO better than getting a new phone & loading everything back on

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement