Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat in Cong for 15'ish people?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I have about 15 people that i'll need to sit down in Cong for dinner (so evening time) in April.

We don't want anything fancy (so that's Lisloughrey Lodge/Ashford out of the equation) but just a no nonsense meal after a day on the lake.

I was thinking Ryans? Is that the only place really? We'd be happy with nice pub grub really, but still want to be fed well.

Lydon's is out of the question, I was disgusted with the food the 2 times I was there (blamed the first time on the chef having a bad day)

We want to be able to sit down in a big group, we don't mind different tables but need to be in the same room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Had food in Ryans about 12mths ago - was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks, i've eaten in the bar myself a few times and never any complaints.

Ryans it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Crowes Nest is owned by the Ex Head Chef from Ashford and his old colleague Mike Crowe.

Great food at very good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Had food in Ryan's recently and it was fine. It is reasonable as well. Their pints are much cheaper as well. Fek it, they leave you home as well according to a barman I was talking to.

Advertisement