Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull v Arsenal (17:30)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Referee has finally grown a pair, about bloody time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

And a red now too. Deserved for that tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thats an awful challenge, would have deserved a straight red if he wasn't already booked.

However I don't like seeing players going over to the ref asking him to book him, which is what Eboue did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wish I could bloody see this. Did Bendtner whinge at all for the yellow? Sounds very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Andre Mariner really is a useless referee.

amacachi wrote: »
    Wish I could bloody see this. Did Bendtner whinge at all for the yellow? Sounds very odd.

No. I provided a link for you earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Andre Mariner really is a useless referee.

It's funny cause he's normallly quite card happy must of been told this by his bosses recently or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ref is making some bizarre decisions alright. The penalty decision came from an obvious offside, the original finger in the eye should have lead to a sending off (and also why was Bendtner carded? He headbutted Boetengs finger?). Dreadful tackle on Sagna and it should have warranted a straight red card.

Ref just said he didn't send sol off for the peno because he didn't feel the hull player was in control of the ball nice to hear him explain the decision. Also he's only as good as his linesman in spotting the offside

• Advertisement

Just saw bendtner thumped boateng that's why he got the yellow

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    No. I provided a link for you earlier in the thread.

4 browsers I've tried so far, not working. Gonna have to download ****ty firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Christ looking at the replay of Boateng's challenge on Sagna, that's a potential legbreaker. And he'll only get a one game ban for it because he was shown a yellow. Despicable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Frisbee wrote: »
    Thats an awful challenge, would have deserved a straight red if he wasn't already booked.

You can still receive a straight red if you are already on a yellow. And that's what he should have been given for that challenge.

Christ looking at the replay of Boateng's challenge on Sagna, that's a potential legbreaker. And he'll only get a one game ban for it because he was shown a yellow. Despicable tbh.

Any idea if that affects someone's running total for yellow cards? Like if someone started a match with 7 and got sent off for two yellows, what would their total be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just saw bendtner thumped boateng that's why he got the yellow

Didn't think he reacted...fair enough so!

• Advertisement

Sol is lucky to be on the field. I know he makes contact with the ball, but that was excessive imo.

Ouch very strong tackle by Campbell. Lucky to be still on the pitch with this ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat was it Arsenal fans were saying about tackles wit excessive force? presuming they'll be calling for a lengthy ban for sol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Sol is lucky to be on the field. I know he makes contact with the ball, but that was excessive imo.

He totally got the ball a yellow there would of been extremly harsh

I thought it was a good tackle myself considering he slipped going in for it.

• Advertisement

jasonorr wrote: »
    Didn't think he reacted...fair enough so!

Ya just after he pulled him down bendtner hit him in the back of the head

Campbell should be off for that. Yeah he gets the ball, but he gets way too much man with it too.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat was it Arsenal fans were saying about tackles wit excessive force?

It was a clumsy tackle, do you see any of us defending it? Come out from under your bridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

wat was it Arsenal fans were saying about tackles wit excessive force? presuming they'll be calling for a lengthy ban for sol.

Sol is a lovely bloke, no malice in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sol is a big liability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Arsenal getting away with murder in the second half

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Sol is a lovely bloke, no malice in him

lol

Campbell should be off for that. Yeah he gets the ball, but he gets way too much man with it too.

I think there's nothing wrong with that tackle tbh, art of tackling is very much dead is seems

Souless wrote: »
    He totally got the ball a yellow there would of been extremly harsh

The fact he got the ball means nothing tbh. It's potentially a reckless challenge because he shows no regard for the wellbeing of Altidore(?) there. His whole momentum goes through the player, serious risk of injury either from the resulting fall, the initial contact, or indeed the follow through. Arguably might even be a straight red if you had a very strict interpretation of the laws of the game.

I wouldn't have complained if he got a yellow for that tackle tbh so you can come down from the high horse.

Poor old Zyatte is off, real shame to see that. I hope he is ok.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I think there's nothing wrong with that tackle tbh, art of tackling is very much dead is seems

He's got absolutely no control of his body going into that challenge and goes in like a fcuking rhinocerous.

Yellow all day long imo.

The fact he got the ball means nothing tbh. It's potentially a reckless challenge because he shows no regard for the wellbeing of Altidore(?) there. His whole momentum goes through the player, serious risk of injury either from the resulting fall, the initial contact, or indeed the follow through. Arguably might even be a straight red if you had a very strict interpretation of the laws of the game.

He was slipping as he went for the ball thats why he catches the player with his momentum. I dont know any ref that would have given a straight red for that, if they did people would be afraid to tackle each other.

He's got absolutely no control of his body going into that challenge and goes in like a fcuking rhinocerous.

Yellow all day long imo.

rhinocerous. Ill have to remember that one :D

yellow? a lengthy ban is wat a lot of arsenal fans were calling for the other week. personally i agree wit headshot, see nothing wrong wit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Very scrappy now

yellow? a lengthy ban is wat a lot of arsenal fans were calling for the other week. personally i agree wit headshot, see nothing wrong wit it.

You can be certain that was the opinion of the minority!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

What is with you and Arsenal fans at the moment, let it go please.

And a lot of us were calling for no action. Your just remembering the side of the argument that suits you Al.

time to bring on Walcott

• Advertisement

Did anyone else see something land just beside myhill as he took his goal kick?

i wouldn't say a lot laura, yourself and jason the only ones that spring to mind. anyway my comments are directed at the ones who were calling for it, surely they can see the idiocy of it now.

time to bring on Walcott

For who though?

Eboue is playing great and Arshavin is always a danger.

Maybe take off Sagna, Eboue to RB and Walcott RW.

the improvement in eboue this year is huge. had a very good first half.

For who though?

Eboue is playing great and Arshavin is always a danger.

Maybe take off Sagna, Eboue to RB and Walcott RW.

Eboue off it seems

lol that was brutal from Arshavin

• Advertisement

i love arshavin. his expressions are comical.

FFS who gave Andre Bendtners water bottle !!!!!

Eboue off it seems

Bad sub imo, Eboues been one of our best performers.

Also this is an awful game for Walcott, Hull are sitting on their 18yard line, there's no space for Walcott to run into really except when they caught out.

Arshavin.... Wtf?!?

I'd hit a better shot myself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

frick,how he miss?

• Advertisement
Advertisement