Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull v Arsenal (17:30)

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

a great day for us Chelsea and Arsenal fans alike

lets hope that we can fight out a fair game for the top between us both
    lolwut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

no Im hoping we can fight out 1st and second spot

O rly!

I was sure you meant 2nd and 3rd, that'd be more realistic.

Only havin a laugh. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Drumpot wrote: »
    Had Sol not been there and fouled him, the player would of had a clearcut scoring position . .

Cant say I agree. the ball appeared to be evading his control with more arseanal defenders closing in to take it.
    Also 6 mins of Injury time ? ? Guess its only important when the Man U conspiracy ref assistance brigade have a point to make . . ;)

I'm assuming a fair bit was added on for the injury. Plus there were 5 substitutions (if I'm not mistaken), not to mention Hulls time wasting tactics toward the end.
    I'm thinking 2:30 (for the subs) + 2 (for the injury) + another 1:30 in stoppages - sounds fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Galvasean wrote: »
    Cant say I agree. the ball appeared to be evading his control with more arseanal defenders closing in to take it.

I'm assuming a fair bit was added on for the injury. Plus there were 5 substitutions (if I'm not mistaken), not to mention Hulls time wasting tactics toward the end.
    I'm thinking 2:30 (for the subs) + 2 (for the injury) + another 1:30 in stoppages - sounds fair.

Didnt see the game, just the highlights so in all fairness I wouldnt know how much injury time should be played . .

Still though, arsenal are showing that kind of luck that united usually get . .Last minute goals at the right time of the season . . Is he still just trying to catch up with the pace of the EPL again ?

Campbell is a complete liability . .Looks slow, off the pace . . Would of been harsh but he couldve easily gotten a second yellow in the 2nd half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Galvasean wrote: »

Given that you're a neutral supporter for this game, I'm really surprised you think that...

...oh wait!

The ball wasn't evading his control, it suits the commentators to say so but he was going to get a shot off if he hadn't been fouled. Granted he was offside and shouldn't have been in that position, but that's irrelevant to this particular discussion.

Campbell should have been sent off there, and he certainly should have got a 2nd yellow for the foul on Zayatte. Bear in mind I say this even though the challenge on Zayatte wasn't a bad foul in my mind, but based on what has happened with similar challenges all year.

As for the injury time, can't say I expected any less. I was thinking 5/6 minutes myself before the board went up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

how the f*ck did Arsenal get out of that?

as sh*te as i've seen them all year.

good God, i didn't realise how important Cesc actually was for these kinds of games. nobody had the balls to take up the position he takes up between midfield and attack.

it doesn't look good, but 3 points is the most important thing at this time of year, so Arsenal have just got to get that performance out of their system and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Iago wrote: »
    Given that you're a neutral supporter for this game, I'm really surprised you think that...

...oh wait!

The ball wasn't evading his control, it suits the commentators to say so but he was going to get a shot off if he hadn't been fouled. Granted he was offside and shouldn't have been in that position, but that's irrelevant to this particular discussion.

Campbell should have been sent off there, and he certainly should have got a 2nd yellow for the foul on Zayatte. Bear in mind I say this even though the challenge on Zayatte wasn't a bad foul in my mind, but based on what has happened with similar challenges all year.

As for the injury time, can't say I expected any less. I was thinking 5/6 minutes myself before the board went up.

As Hull didn't deserve the penalty I don't think anyone can complain that Campbell didn't get sent off as well. They did very nicely out of the ref's error

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Campbell is a complete liability . .Looks slow, off the pace . . Would of been harsh but he couldve easily gotten a second yellow in the 2nd half!

Diasgree, possibly two games in the space of such a short space of time is not ideal, but he has been very good since he came back.

SlickRic wrote: »
    how the f*ck did Arsenal get out of that?

as sh*te as i've seen them all year.

good God, i didn't realise how important Cesc actually was for these kinds of games. nobody had the balls to take up the position he takes up between midfield and attack.

it doesn't look good, but 3 points is the most important thing at this time of year, so Arsenal have just got to get that performance out of their system and move on.

We could have done with Ramsey today imo, that said we are still winning without Cesc.

To be in the position we are at the moment without RVP is superb, not getting carried away, still many twists to come, but really good league this season, with the battle for the title, cl spot and relegation.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Diasgree, possibly two games in the space of such a short space of time is not ideal, but he has been very good since he came back.

He wasnt so hot in the game last week (was it stoke) either . . he seems to be error prone and a little behind the pace of games . .

I only see Arsenal highlights so maybe hes doing more during the game, but from what I have seen he looks dodgy . . That said, its not like he will be up against the creme dela creme for the last 9 games of the season so he should be fine . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He wasnt so hot in the game last week (was it stoke) either . . he seems to be error prone and a little behind the pace of games . .

I only see Arsenal highlights so maybe hes doing more during the game, but from what I have seen he looks dodgy . . That said, its not like he will be up against the creme dela creme for the last 9 games of the season so he should be fine . .
    He did look pretty ropey against Porto at times as well tbh. But he is a better option than Silvestre. Hopefully Gallas won't be out for too much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

No offence but maybe you should watch more of these matches in full before throwing around the judgments :rolleyes:

How can you complain about injury time without having seen the game? Or make judgments on a player's match performances (not just individual incidents)?

Not Sol's finest day early on but had a good calm second half in very difficult circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

champions league aint too shabby ;) ?

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    No offence but maybe you should watch more of these matches in full before throwing around the judgments :rolleyes:

Im sorry, as a united fan im just used to listening to ABU's throw out ridiculous conspiracy's about injury time and fergie, so I automatically go on the offence when I see a team gets more then 5 mins ! ! ;)

But he is better then the current options to arsenal . . I just think he has looked his age lately . .

Kirnsy wrote: »
    champions league aint too shabby ;) ?

Porto are no better then Ac Milan . . ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Myhill you plank

that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Im sorry, as a united fan im just used to listening to ABU's throw out ridiculous conspiracy's about injury time and fergie, so I automatically go on the offence when I see a team gets more then 5 mins ! ! ;)
    You're forgiven. Just as well you didn't say it after the Stoke match though, when the subject would have been a lot more touchy...

Lads, what is all this lark about the Womens institute and Hull ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Lads, what is all this lark about the Womens institute and Hull ?

Barmby and Bullard got into a little bit of fisticuffs in full view of them on a protest/rally or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that Boateng tackle gets worse each time i see it.

ridiculous.

on another note though; Altidore looks a very exciting prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Sol's been interesting. Every game it seems for the first 20 mins that he doesnt know whats goin on and is always just that little bit away from the bounce to be able to clear the danger, but, after that 20 min mark he seems to have sorted out the tempo of the game and just manages to be in the right place at the right time.

And that was a great tackle. Did ye see the way he didnt use his feet to connect with the other player? Thats why no legs were broken, Thats why it was a perfectly good tackle.

And he got the ball.

Advertisement