Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski-Trip, Cheap!!

• 13-03-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi all, i was just wondering if anyone could help. A few mates and I want to try go skiing next new years but really have no idea where to begin looking in terms of where to go.

We are all just finished college and do not have a lot of cash so money would be an issue,although a more pressing issue would be the social scene of the resort!

Does anyone have any recomendations for a resort near a cheap airport to to that does not require much traveling to/from?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

post in this forum, winter sports:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=881

Austria has the best night life I have experienced! salzburg airport is pretty accesible, food and drink is relatively cheap.

not sure what news years is like though so as I said, post in winter sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Hi you could do worse than looking at the main resorts and try to book your own accomodation and flights thats what me a and a few friends did this year and saved a fair bit worked out at about 500 each including car hire

we flew into menningen (munich west) with Ryanair and went to soll and stayed in a holiday appartment it was really nice and having the car was great

If you have more than 4 going look at car hire as it works out cheaper than taxi and you have a car for the whole week so you can travel to neighbouring resorts to ski.

If you have a big crowd look at hiring a bus to get you there and back.

if you fly into salzburg you can get rail directly into places like badgastein which is a small resort but linked to a couple more via a bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭pavb2

http://www.j2ski.com/

This is a good site for all ski things

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭tweety11981

Livigno is a beautiful are in Northern Italy and it is tax free

Advertisement