Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese over o'neils Duleek

Options
  • 13-03-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone tried the chinese over o neils. Whats it like compared to happy valley.

Also anyone know whats going in now where oscars was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

havent tried it yet myself, but been told its good, also happy vally has new owners, think kevin got nicked by the coppers. oscars is closed down the owners are doin carvery grub in oneills now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

padz wrote: »
    havent tried it yet myself, but been told its good, also happy vally has new owners, think kevin got nicked by the coppers. oscars is closed down the owners are doin carvery grub in oneills now

Yeah I know. I would not eat with the oscars gang. Nothig against seamus. I still have not got around to trying the chinese. Will when I am next down there.

Do you know whats going into the old Oscars...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

havent a clue whats goin in the unit oscars has vacated,id say fair play to anyone tryin to start a business in there, got a menu in the door last week from coloseau so think theyve reopened or revamped their place also, also duiganas shop shut, its there beside oscars, the upper main street is lookin kinda rough alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Tried that Chinese and have to say it's good quality Chinese.

I found the Happy Valley a bit of a rip off tbh, even if I did like their sauce, but defo would recommend O'Neill's one now.

That Oscar's place, ate there for quite a while, family and everything used to book big tables with them when all of a sudden their menu got completely rubbish and they introduced exotic prices such as service charges etc, for their rather unexotic restaurant.

Good riddance.

Be nice to see the Colleseo place open again though, Mario done me the best steak I have tasted to date and that was 2008!

Jay D wrote: »
    Tried that Chinese and have to say it's good quality Chinese.

I found the Happy Valley a bit of a rip off tbh, even if I did like their sauce, but defo would recommend O'Neill's one now.

That Oscar's place, ate there for quite a while, family and everything used to book big tables with them when all of a sudden their menu got completely rubbish and they introduced exotic prices such as service charges etc, for their rather unexotic restaurant.

Good riddance.

Be nice to see the Colleseo place open again though, Mario done me the best steak I have tasted to date and that was 2008!

Colessro is good but its not run by the same person. afik but could be wrong. still have not had a chance to try the chinese. o/h is actually quite happy with the new happy valley so may never :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

just place the order, how will she know who you're ringing?

it's like a restaurant delivering...

Jay D wrote: »
    just place the order, how will she know who you're ringing?

it's like a restaurant delivering...

Thats true... never thought of that.

Advertisement