Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transporting Bikes

• 13-03-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone know any reasonably priced options for transporting a bike (in a box) to Europe? Know someone who has booked flights to Zurich but there is no room on flight for anymore bikes.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

You must be heading the IM, your best bet would be to find other people who have the same problem cos it will be cheaper to ship a few bikes, heard of a few clubs doing that when i was in austria last year

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

Yeah heading to IM. Problem is most of us have bikes booked on but few still aren't sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    There are a company in the airport who transport overweight oversized luggage can't think of there name now but they ship it cheaper than the airline usually arrives a day later unless u drop it off a day early.
    Mike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fly ryanair to Friedricshafen it's only around the corner. Alternatively Bern isn't far but I think if you go further away the price of the Swiss trains may get too pricey. See if An Post can do it. When I moved to Zurich I posted a lot of stuff over but I moved from England.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

try gls - they seem to be pretty cheap in general for shipping around europe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement