Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to learn Irish!!!Where can I???

Options
  • 13-03-2010 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I will be finished my college course in limerick this may and ive wanted to learn irish properly for a few years now!I was good enough in school!Im movin to cork in the summer to chill out with a few friends for about 5 months!im 21!

I was just wondering is there anywhere I could go to learn it for about a year id say!im not really interested in 3 or 4 week courses and I wouldnt have the money anyway!Is it possible for me to rent a house maybe and enroll in sum sort of course for about a year!I have a few friends that are also interested!

I would love to live in a remote part of the country for a while,maybe a gaelthact!

So basically what are my options and how much would it cost is what im asking???Cheers!

"Time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time"
    John Lennon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Cost-wise I couldn't tell you, it'd depend on local rents and so forth but nothing beats pure immersion to learn the language. I went to a gaelscoil and after college wanted to regain the language, so lived in Carna and worked in Galway for nearly a year. I'd still be there if the job hadn't transferred me... :( Maybe try for your local gaeltacht area? I know Oileán Chléire and Baile Mhúirne are down Cork-ways...

Advertisement