Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My child was lost for a time today!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

One person calls out "Marco" and the other person replies "Polo" and you keep it up until you see/find each other. It beats yelling out your kids name when you loose sight of them and having them ping back like radar is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

The nipper did a runner while we were scoping out a new town that we were planning on buying a house in... anxious 20 minutes there I tell you, no idea about the area and the lad goes walkabout!!
    Strolled out of a shop with a load of kids stuff while the sister in law walked passed... So had to run back in and pay for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

have to say..im fairly pragmatic and know the risk of my child being snatched is almost zero. It was a couple of months after Maddie McCanns disappearence, that the detective investigating the Philipe Cairns case was on 5-7 Live. He pointed out that in the last 30 years only 2 childrean have vanished in Ireland..

The other thing I got thinking about with my wife later on that evening...was when I couldnt find my son..there first thing I said to the shop staff, was that I couldnt finf my son...he has gone missing....now to me that was the most natural thing to say...the first thing to come into my mind....but then when you think back to the McCanns account of the night Maddie went missing...Kate McCann says she started screaming "someone has taken Maddie"!!....strange i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

....oh...and bought the wrist links today!!
    Thanks guys...exactly what boards.ie is there for...brill idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

Voltex wrote: »
    ....oh...and bought the wrist links today!!
    Thanks guys...exactly what boards.ie is there for...brill idea.

No problem have a stubborn 2 year old so I know they work well . If she had the chance she'd run as soon as I let go of her so the wrist link works wonders.

Another hint is if they refuse to wear a wrist link or you find they have got the knack of opening them there are teddy "watches" you can buy that have a piece that you put on your keyring and if the child moves more than say 10 feet away from you while wearing the watch the alarm will sound on the keyring attachment. That way if they do move away when your not looking you'll know about it before its too late.
    I think they are called a child tracker I'll look it up online and find the proper name for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Ohh thank goodness you have found your little boy, what a terrible situation to be in. I'm sure if it had happened to me i would have died there out of fear. I can imagine what you have went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My little bro went missing when he was playing out the front. Was about 6 or seven. The whole family and half the estate were out looking for him. When my ma decided it was time to call the guards she went in the sitting room to use the phone and there he was:o Not sure if he was there the whole time but when she walked in he said 'it's ok mammy, I didn't open the door to anyone.'!! Now he is 24 and still in the sitting room....she has tried for the last 6 years to lose him again

Advertisement