Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Kavanagh Statue on Patrick's Day

Options
  • 13-03-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I was talking to my dad the other day about the Patrick Kavanagh Staute on the canal at Baggot street. He was saying on Patricks Day people gather at the statue and recite his poems and stuff like that.

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this, does it still happen or what?

Wouldn't mind checking this out before heading into town to get me head kicked in by a few rowdy youths... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

According to Wiki:
    Every 17 March, after the St Patrick's day parade, a group of Kavanagh's friends gather at the Kavanagh seat on the banks of the Grand Canal at Mespil road in his honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Hmm.. well I'm not exactly one of Kavanagh's best mates, and I'd actually be fairly impressed if any of his friends were still alive.

Has anyone been down to this or even seen it first hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

anyone go?

Advertisement