Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying inlucan

• 13-03-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i'm looking at houses in grange manor, but i've been told of flooding, does anyone know when this happened? or dose any one recommend this housing estate? i'm also interested in mount andrew? any views or help welcomed please:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I can help you on Mount Andrew as that's were i live.:)

It's a grand little estate,settled at this stage. It benefits from not being a 'through' estate,ie. there's only one way in and one way out. There's not much in the way of trouble that i know of. A lot of residents were worried about the clinic opening up the road but there's been no disturbances relating to it that i'm aware of in Mount Andrew.

It's also handy for transport. There's a load of bus routes that go from the N4 which is only a few minutes walk away. The Luas is "proposed" to run down St. Lomans road across the top of Mount Andrew,whether i'll see it in my lifetime is another story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

admo wrote: »
    i'm looking at houses in grange manor, but i've been told of flooding, does anyone know when this happened? or dose any one recommend this housing estate? i'm also interested in mount andrew? any views or help welcomed please:confused:

It has been a while since the significant flood there, I think it may have been the only one, I dont live there but I think it was at least 8 years back that happened. I used that road a bit that passes through, it was a significant flood/event then, but as far as I know there hasn't been a flood or any issue since. Some remedial works were done after that flood, a good bit of digging in the park thats there, I assume they but in some drainage (the stream is still there so thats not been diverted there) they may have piped the stream further down so it can drain more easily, presumably into the liffey.
    Maybe approach the council and ask what they did? and what records do they have of other floods (I think none, but worth checking, maybe knock on a few doors??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 admo

thanks so much for the advice, its good to know what other people think

Advertisement