Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new Gaming mouse recommend one ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I ordered an mx518 the other day.
    My mx510 of 4 years aint wondows 7 compatible and was giving me massive mosue lag in BC2, stramgely its fine in other games.
    I borrowed my brothers mx518 to test out and more than happy to purchase.
    34 euros approx on overclockers and komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

logitech g5,
    never let me down yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Only thing i can see with that is i like to be able to adjust the sensitivity on the fly can it do that ?
    Were you on the irish guard server earlier someone recommeded the same mouse there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

G9

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MX518

have mine years starting to die and will be buying another Mx518

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I would definitely recommend the Coolermaster Sentinel. Its a fantastic mouse, my previous favourite was the Mx518. But the Sentinel is an intelligent little bugger (eh no its pretty big really), goes up to 5800Dpi with a few different profiles, big help in BF games.
    Its hard to recommend one though, at the end of the day it comes down to comfort.

A mouse i used for ages which was brilliant for the price - pittens. The OCZ equalizer, it has a button for adjustable Dpi, medium size, very comfortable costs bugger all. Although i think id slightly prefer the Mx518 or Sentinel, but you will pay more for those benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I have the G9, great mouse

DPI switch doesnt seem to work in BC2, certainly doesnt in the tank.

I used to crank it up when i jumped in one in BF2 and with one flick had a 360 turret spin. it may for others but with my MX518 it doesnt (W7 btw).

Also i ahve massive mouse lag in BC2 i actually cant use the wheel to change weapons its the KB for me but the side buttons on the MX518 are perfect , one set for gadget and the other for knifey knifey

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Roccat Khone

Its working for me. Im a low sensitivty player so the fact they have removed vehicle specific sensitivty has killed...... me bloody console port.

I cant play in a tank at all now, the Dpi switch gives some boost to turret speed, but as a tank driver its playable if it wasnt for adjustable Dpi i couldnt even play as a gunner in a tank, its unfair and gives a big boost to high sens players imo, maybe im wrong i know there is a limitation on tank sensitivty but just from seeing other players movements of the turret.

Although having said that its a big jump in dpi, from about 3000dpi standard (as infantry) to 5600dpi when i jump in a tank.

• Advertisement

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Its working for me. Im a low sensitivty player so the fact they have removed vehicle specific sensitivty has killed...... me bloody console port.

I cant play in a tank at all now, the Dpi switch gives some boost to turret speed, but as a tank driver its playable if it wasnt for adjustable Dpi i couldnt even play as a gunner in a tank, its unfair and gives a big boost to high sens players imo, maybe im wrong i know there is a limitation on tank sensitivty but just from seeing other players movements of the turret.

Although having said that its a big jump in dpi, from about 3000dpi standard (as infantry) to 5600dpi when i jump in a tank.

im using the logitech drivers and i can hit the DPI button all i want it makes **** all difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I was thinking of getting a 518 for exactly that purpose, can anyone else confirm? Sensitivity on foot is about 70 atm but in a tank turret speed is very slow and I hate having to lift teh mouse.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    im using the logitech drivers and i can hit the DPI button all i want it makes **** all difference.

Ah thats a bugger, did you see any mention of this on the BF forums? The Dpi button is essential for me in HMG and UAV as well as tanks. Still not as i want it but it helps.
    Maybe have a look on logi forum?

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Ah thats a bugger, did you see any mention of this on the BF forums? The Dpi button is essential for me in HMG and UAV as well as tanks. Still not as i want it but it helps.
    Maybe have a look on logi forum?

Nope assumed it was a console game and not an option, is it working for you ?

Oh ya ya, its working. As i said its just not working very well due to my really really low sensitivity. I think if i wasnt taking a huge jump in Dpi i would not notice at all.

It may just be the cap dice has put on turret speed. Maybe not, how is your sensitivity and yaw set?
    Its usually not a game specific function though, it should work in every game as long as there isnt a cap on sens.

I have also read about negative sensitivity being implemented in the game (ya i know a bit of a spurious term) but apparently thats how Dice refer to it. In effect if you make a long fast sweep of the mouse, the game will actually reduce sensitivty on the fly, which may also hinder turret movement. I know for me there is no point in making hgue fast sweeps of the mouse.
    Info on that is available on uk bf forum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If your happy with the Razer shape then stick to it..
    People swing by logitech or Razer but never both..
    Myself I prefer the G9 for gaming but use the G5/G7 for everyday work.
    Could never get used to the razer's..used to get pains in my wrist from using them so never did again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have had all the logitech gaming mice...from the MX1000 upwards, but the best mouse I ever had is G9. Especially if you have big hand with the changable grips.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

changing the sensitivity on the g5 works in bc3,
    i always use it for vehicles and mounted machine guns.

leaning towards the g9x at the moment iv always just happend to have a razer mouse this one has served me well but i think i will go with g9 for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I dont notice the dpi change a whole lot while im in the tank but as soon as i jump out im swinging all over the place until i switch it back down. Strange that it doesnt have much of an effect on how fast you can turn a turret.

• Advertisement

Gaunty wrote: »
    I dont notice the dpi change a whole lot while im in the tank but as soon as i jump out im swinging all over the place until i switch it back down. Strange that it doesnt have much of an effect on how fast you can turn a turret.
    Maybe they have meant it to be like that to level the playing field in terms of the turret rotation realistically it should turn at a set speed only for all players?

Dice have capped the sensitivty of the tank turrets and also seems to be a restriction on momentum.

got the logitech g9x and a razer destructor mouse pad , must say im very impressed with the mouse and pad , would reccomend to anyone.

Advertisement