Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is a puppy old enough to sleep in a kennel outdoors?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

PaulB91 wrote: »
    Really makes me laugh this country, any animal with hair and a kennel with bedding can live outside then is it?

Funny that cos i kept mice as a kid and my mom wouldn't let me bring them in at night during the winter - they literally froze to death, and they where in a proper "mouse house" with plenty of bedding inside a garage.

Dogs are DOMESTICATED animals, and yorkshire terriers where never outdoor dogs, they where bred by mill workers in Yorkshire and part of the "Toy" breeds i.e. not working dogs, not meant to be kept outside - they only have thin coats.

Whats with the tone? I was asking a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

Whats with the tone? I was asking a question.

my apologies, i took your message below as being sarcastic, silly me, OK i would class an "indoor dog" as one whom would not be suited to living outdoors, i.e. most dogs as they can all suffer from athritis by living outdoors in the cold and wet, see being in Ireland it does tend to be cold and wet quiet a lot of the time, and even if your kennel is dry and with bedding, that's not going to stop the dog getting soaked in the rain and sleeping while being wet
    What do ye mean by an "indoor" dog?. Surely an animal covered in hair, living in a kennel with proper bedding would be ok.

Advertisement