Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windscreen Polishing

• 13-03-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Something that has bugged me about my car is that the windscreen has been beaten to kingdom come with little scratches and dings and its proving dangerous when driving into the sunshine.

Does anyone know of a good place that offers windscreen polishing services around Dublin/South Meath/North Kildare?

I dont think anything major needs to be done aside for a good polish. I know there are DIY kits out there but I wouldnt mind getting a pro to do it as long as the price is right.

Thanks all
    bbk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

http://www.novusglassrestoration.ie/contactus.html
    These guys might be able to assist you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Thank you, email sent. I hope it wont cost an arm and a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

bbk wrote: »
    Hey all,

Something that has bugged me about my car is that the windscreen has been beaten to kingdom come with little scratches and dings and its proving dangerous when driving into the sunshine.

Does anyone know of a good place that offers windscreen polishing services around Dublin/South Meath/North Kildare?

I dont think anything major needs to be done aside for a good polish. I know there are DIY kits out there but I wouldnt mind getting a pro to do it as long as the price is right.

Thanks all
    bbk
    Throw a big rock at it and get a new one fitted, most insurance policies have free windscreen replacement which does not affect your premium.
    I got a windscreen replaced a few years ago because previous owner had managed to scratch inside of winscreen (I suspect she was wearing a diamond ring and wiped the window with back of hand).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Throw a big rock at it and get a new one fitted, most insurance policies have free windscreen replacement which does not affect your premium.
    I got a windscreen replaced a few years ago because previous owner had managed to scratch inside of winscreen (I suspect she was wearing a diamond ring and wiped the window with back of hand).

Or was up to no good with high heels on...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

no need to break the window.
    Just phone up insurance and say you need a new windscreen. No questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I know a guy who bought an estate car that had funny little dimples in the roof lining - high heel marks.

listermint wrote: »
    Or was up to no good with high heels on...:D

NOOOOO! I kinda knew the previous owner and that is NOT an image I want in my head for the rest of the day:eek:

pa990 wrote: »
    no need to break the window.
    Just phone up insurance and say you need a new windscreen. No questions asked.

Kinda what I meant, I didn't have to do anything to windscreen, just made sure I had cover before I got it replaced.
    As an aside, 3-4 weeks later, I got a letter from windscreen company telling me I wasn't fully covered and owed them £90(at the time).
    I double checked with Insurance co and found I was covered, the windscreen co were trying a scam. I wonder how many people fell for it though over the years.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

NOOOOO! I kinda knew the previous owner and that is NOT an image I want in my head for the rest of the day:eek:

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sister?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Now you know what the straps in the VW Beetle were really for. ;)

Kinda what I meant, I didn't have to do anything to windscreen, just made sure I had cover before I got it replaced.

Hmmmmm, that easy?
    If they asked me why would the fact that its gotten so chipped and messed up be a good enough reason?

Ill keep that in mind though, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the windscreen co will want the business and if you ask them to replace it on your insurance, Im sure they will with no questions asked and no come backs.

Sister?

Na ye perv, elderly lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Elderly people have fun too :D :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yore ma, then? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Thank you, email sent. I hope it wont cost an arm and a leg.

Just wondering if they came back to you with a quote ?

esel wrote: »
    Yore ma, then? :eek:

Your face.

jd6677 wrote: »
    Just wondering if they came back to you with a quote ?

Couldnt tell me over email without seeing the windscreen. Said the basic pay was 40 euro an hour and offered to come see the car to inspect it and establish whats the craic is. No pun intended haha

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Couldnt tell me over email without seeing the windscreen. Said the basic pay was 40 euro an hour and offered to come see the car to inspect it and establish whats the craic is. No pun intended haha
    Cheers thanks for the information. I might call down to them myself and see what they say about mine :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement