Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric cooker/hob

Options
  • 13-03-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Bare with me here..

My cooker is already wired in and I've just got a new seperate hob, can i just loop from the cooker to the hob with the same 6 square cable coming from the switch OR could i bring both tails into connectors inside an obo-box, if so what size connectors should be used? Don't know the ratings of either cooker or hob off the top of my head incase anyone needs to know them!

Sorry about the novicey question and info..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

get a sparkie-he'll hook them up for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tony Grant

There is a more professional solution to the one that you suggest. A fairley new accessory called "a cooker connection unit" is now required instead of connection boxes and also there is the new 4th Edition of the National Rules for Electrical Regulations.
    An electrician that you get to do this job would need to know about it as there are many changes to domestic wiring.
    Good luck and stay safe. It is not worth taking the risk. A woman has died this year alredy in the kichen and a man died in the bathroom last year as a result of faulty appliances.

Advertisement