Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbmc runs on 360.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

This is going no where as far as i can tell. Best Case scenario is that they will have xbmc running on a 360 as good as it runs on a original xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

This is going no where as far as i can tell. Best Case scenario is that they will have xbmc running on a 360 as good as it runs on a original xbox.

+1 on this one. Basically XBMC has to be ported to X360 to get full advantage of hardware, but seems that there are no devs in XBMC development team interested in doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I think that's because the only XDK available can only work in 2D and doesn't have full access to the 360 architecture. It's a crying shame to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No 3D in XNA no?

I would buy a 360 if I could run XBMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

po0k wrote: »
    No 3D in XNA no?

I would buy a 360 if I could run XBMC.

XNA has 3D, but it isn't suitable for anything along the lines of XMBC. Very few XNA apps get released as standalone apps, and without an XNA Creator's Club license (which when I bought mine for a final year project in CS was €99 per year) you can't run other people's XNA code :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement