Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

babo9 wrote: »
    Anyone ever see the guy who used to play a saw like a violin?
    Only ever saw him twice about 3 or 4 years ago, he was outside Gino's pizza.

Thought he was class just for the fact he could play a damn saw like a violin!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/31/victoria-coren-henry-dagg-martin-amis
    The guys name is henry dagg from bath, he used to come over every december for years and makes musical sculptures, victoria coren in the guardian has done a few articles on him in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

This is the saw man in all his glory with one of his inventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

JaneHudson wrote: »
    There was a good guitarist on the side street by the Moderne the other week.

I think i seen him last Saturday, really good looking guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

The guitarist that plays outside the Crawford Art Gallery is really good. Some amazingly nice, relaxed atmospheric guitar playing that you can still hear reverberating when inside the Art Gallery. Blissful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That guy was in my friends class in Chríost Rí. He was alright but just always seemed to be pissed off at someone/somebody.

There weren't many of us in Chríost Rí who played the Violin, wonder who it is. It's not me anyway, I only ever busked twice in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

D-Generate wrote: »
    The guy I hate the most is the guy on one of the streets just off Oliver Plunkett Street, might be Marlborough or Princes Street. He "plays" a violin but all he does is make sounds like a cat being strangled. It seems like he just picked it up one day and thought he might have a go. I was hoping to see if he would improve over time wihtout having lessons because i thought surely you would learn to make better sounds as time went on, but nope, he never did.

Is that the small guy with long black greasy hair in a pony tail and really pitted skin? If it is, he's an unmerciful pr*ck. He came into a shop I worked in about 12 years ago looking for an elastic band to keep his poster wrapped up. We genuinely didn't have one, it was one of my first jobs and I went out of my way to be friendly, and he started up in the loudest cockney accent shouting and roaring and creating a scene in a shop which was already busy with patiently waiting customers, and then held everyone up with his tantrum for a full 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BredaM

Advertisement