Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simoco Radios.

• 13-03-2010 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

Firstly can a MOD move if it's in the wrong place.

I have 4 Simoco SRP 8020 UHF radios, there very good but i need a base radio. Any one have any ideas and also a programme cable for this kind of radio.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Moved from Radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They need a PMR licence. Any suitable channel and licenced FM base (Motorola?) will do.

They can't be used legally as licence free PMR446.

They can be converted legally to Amateur use (which needs a licence)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

as mentioned any mobile/base rig will work be it motorola tait etc, there is loads on ebay but i recommend staying away from motorola as there a pig to programme i recently picked up a brand new tait mobile rig couldnt be easier to programme id recommend tait there is some tait 2020/2040 etc on ebay going for around 60 sterling and programming software is free online and cable is about 10 pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need an old DOS PC running real DOS to program some Motorolas. Tait are popular conversion from Low band VHF to 4m Amateur due to easy programming.

-- Read progress on the Handheld Cat Controller/DTMF/speaker-Mic http://www.techtir.ie/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=3375 --

Advertisement