Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 network outage southeast

• 13-03-2010 11:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since 8 this morning, I haven't been able to make or recieve calls or texts on either my phone, or my partners!

This is a major inconvenience, as working in a family catering business, the weekend is incredibly busy, and neither of us are reachable!

After a number of calls to o2 customer care, all I've got is, 'it could be fixed in ten minutes, it could be fixed in a few days, we don't know'

this isn't acceptable, I need my phone to be active at all times.

I'm not very happy about this, is there anyway I can cancel our contracts, and move to another provider(meteor, as they have better rates, and 10times better customer service)

this level of customer service is unacceptable!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,241 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

With o2 if you change your price plan let's say their smallest pay monthly contract do they now force you into another 12 or 18mt contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

eeloe wrote: »
    Since 8 this morning, I haven't been able to make or recieve calls or texts on either my phone, or my partners!

This is a major inconvenience, as working in a family catering business, the weekend is incredibly busy, and neither of us are reachable!

After a number of calls to o2 customer care, all I've got is, 'it could be fixed in ten minutes, it could be fixed in a few days, we don't know'

this isn't acceptable, I need my phone to be active at all times.

I'm not very happy about this, is there anyway I can cancel our contracts, and move to another provider(meteor, as they have better rates, and 10times better customer service)

this level of customer service is unacceptable!

OP is this a common occurance with O2, if not them IMO you are overacting (sorry). Any network can have an outage at any stage and their CC dept will not be able to give an exact time frame on when it will be back. Hardly a reason to cancel your contracts, what will you do if you move to Meteor and they have an outage, move to 3? What if they do, move over to Vodafone?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Walkman wrote: »
    Hardly a reason to cancel your contracts, what will you do if you move to Meteor and they have an outage, move to 3? What if they do, move over to Vodafone?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well if 3 has an outage at least vodafone is there to fall back on, can't say the same for the rest of them.

• Advertisement

Great, I'll quote them their own T's & C's tomorrow. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Are you a member of the O2 forum, bring it up with the mods there, I did and got some money back :)

Advertisement