Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Anschutz Centrefire

Options
  • 14-03-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Anschutz appear to be planning to launch a new series of larger calibre centrefires in 2010 on the back of their .223 Rem 1770, which appears to have been widely liked among the roe-stalkers it was made for. The new 1780 will be made in .308, .30-06, 8x57 IS and 9.3x62. Dieter's already taken one to Africa. :) It looks stunning. Would be a hell of a rifle for anyone interested in Anschutz's trademark craftsmanship in a hunting rifle. It's not on their website yet, but you can download their 2010 catalogue here and you'll find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Anschutz appear to be planning to launch a new series of larger calibre centrefires in 2010 on the back of their .223 Rem 1770, which appears to have been widely liked among the roe-stalkers it was made for. The new 1780 will be made in .308, .30-06, 8x57 IS and 9.3x62. Dieter's already taken one to Africa. :) It looks stunning. Would be a hell of a rifle for anyone interested in Anschutz's trademark craftsmanship in a hunting rifle. It's not on their website yet, but you can download their 2010 catalogue here and you'll find it.

Shooting an anschutz myself and have to say they are a fantastic rifle. Has anyone ever priced the .223? Have yet to see one for sale in ireland. Would be interested to no what they go for...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

elius wrote: »
    Shooting an anschutz myself and have to say they are a fantastic rifle. Has anyone ever priced the .223? Have yet to see one for sale in ireland. Would be interested to no what they go for...

Never seen one in the flesh myself. Don't seem to have taken off in the UK either. They really were designed for German roe-stalking. The 1780 looks fantastic though, would be a fantastic upmarket stalking rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Never seen one in the flesh myself. Don't seem to have taken off in the UK either. They really were designed for German roe-stalking. The 1780 looks fantastic though, would be a fantastic upmarket stalking rifle.

I wonder is that to do with the price:D The quality of the 1780 is unreal. Fantastic looking gun..

I expect that makes a significant difference alright. Good guns like Anschutz don't come cheap. Worth it all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have a 35 year old anschutz 22 hornet and it'll still shoot the nuts of a fly...unlike it's owner. I reckon the likes of Sauer and Styer have a serious competitor on their patch now.

• Advertisement

I have a 35 year old anschutz 22 hornet and it'll still shoot the nuts of a fly...unlike it's owner. I reckon the likes of Sauer and Styer have a serious competitor on their patch now.

My 1807 is heading for thirty now (1983 manufacture) and it's as accurate as any smallbore rifle I've ever seen - would love to have its original test target. It's fantastic to see them break into centrefire hunting rifles. I think're absolutely right about the other boutique makes. It'll take some time to make inroads, but Anschutz will probably lay claim to a significant market share. The expected accuracy in the brochure may clinch it for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I wonder how many owners of other high quality fullbore brands actually have an Anschutz rimfire in their collection and would have seriously considered Anschutz if they had an offering in fullbore. I think it could be quite a few.

If they made a lefty version I'd have a look. That 1770 would be a cracking foxing rifle, nice weight and balance for position shooting, rather than the sheer weight of a typical varminter, and plenty accurate.

Advertisement