Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stihl ms 660 chainsaw

• 14-03-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi ,
    Can anybody tell be what the heated handle in this modle chainsaw is wanted for ? , and i am thinking of buy one what are your exp with then ,
    Teepee .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Heated handles on chainsaws are usually for work in cold climates, the Arctic model MS660 has a heated carb as well.
    Heated handles make working on cold days much more pleasant, and your gloves dry off faster as well.
    A side benefit is that vibration induced numbness can be lessened by heated grips.
    MS 660 is a good saw in the 100cc class, it's only really popular competitor is the Husky 395xp
    Both good felling saws but too heavy for general use for stuff under 2' thick.
    Have you a lot of big trees to use it on? Generally even felling most softwoods 70cc is fine for most people. Think MS441 or Husky 372xp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Thanks for that CJ ,
    Ya have a lot of large trees for felling all broadleaf , i have a stihl ms390
    i find it to weak for hardwood and the fuel thank is quiet small , your get comfortable in the cutting motion and its time to refuel a bit of a pain in the arse , putting still love the stihli saws .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

teepee wrote: »
    Thanks for that CJ ,
    Ya have a lot of large trees for felling all broadleaf , i have a stihl ms390
    i find it to weak for hardwood and the fuel thank is quiet small , your get comfortable in the cutting motion and its time to refuel a bit of a pain in the arse , putting still love the stihli saws .
    MS660 is a pro saw, white handle. MS390 is only a home owner grade saw.
    BIG difference between the two, I would say if you are worried about fuel consumption Look at the MS441, it is a new generation strato saw, very fuel efficient and a lot lighter than the MS660. It will handle hardwoods no problem.
    The MS660 uses a lot of fuel.

Advertisement