Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just cause 2

Options
  • 14-03-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Out on the 26th. Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the first one. It was complete sandbox though with no real solid game wrapped around it. Hopefully they've sorted that out in the sequel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

yeh im really looking forward to it, only problem is, moneys real tight, so its gotta be JC2 or God of War 3, ugh its too hard to decide!:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That looks really cool,I dunno will I get it though,I have a tone of games to get through :-/.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I really liked the first one. I thought the game world was beautiful and the level of freedom it gave me was what I'd hoped GTAIV would of given me.

This looks amazing though. I always loved the sense of height in the world, you could fly miles up and free fall for what seemed like an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

steam had the first one bundled with arkham this weekend for 20e

tis awful... and the shocking state of the support for it would put me off touching this next one with a proverbial bargepole

That vid looks pretty good

Never got into the first one, iirc it came out around the same time as Dead Rising and was a little overshadowed by that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Demo was fantastic i thought, gave you exactly what you want from a demo which is just to be able to switch it on and go nuts for 20 mins rather then ramming too much down our throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It was pretty average I thought. Driving felt a bit weird, too loose or something, just not right. Shooting was a tiny bit dodgy, there's probably a lock on mechanic I ignored though.

I enjoyed the jumping from stuff and parachuting, and the huge area, but I can't see it being that interesting for an extended period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Downloaded the demo last night - its great fun!

Its basically like Crackdown with parachutes!

Reckon i'll be picking up the full game alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What annoyed me was I ended up in the middle of nowhere, and had to run for what seemed like forever to get to a vehicle. He just moves too slow for the size of the environment. Also I hated the "vasiline on the lense" look of the back ground environment.

On the plus side blowing stuff up is extremely satisfying indeed. Love it when you shoot the gas cylinders and they whooosh about the place and up in the air :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

calex71 wrote: »

On the plus side blowing stuff up is extremely satisfying indeed. Love it when you shoot the gas cylinders and they whooosh about the place and up in the air :D

Duuuuude grapple onto the top of those canisters then shoot it. Was in the pisses laughing :pac:

• Advertisement

Duuuuude grapple onto the top of those canisters then shoot it. Was in the pisses laughing :pac:

I tried this but it did nothing for me which is a shame, however, grappling a guy on to one and shooting it. Now thats a spectacle!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I tried this but it did nothing for me which is a shame, however, grappling a guy on to one and shooting it. Now thats a spectacle!

its east, you gotta grapple onto the nozzle. takes a few tries, totally worth it though ;)

Cherry...Thank you my friend. I was trying to do this for ages and just thought it didnt work!

Eurogamer review up.
    8/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that looks really good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you roam around freely?,looks realy good would'nt mind getting it,if I did'nt have so many games to get through already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just Cause 2 is pretty much the definition of free roaming. Its a huge game, and its seriously good fun to play. You can do some seriously fun stuff. I'd definitely recommend it.

IGNs review is out

SPOILER:
    88/100

Think I'm definately gonna get it xD runs like butter on my PC and looks sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Hatch from LOST in Just Cause 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Hatch from LOST in Just Cause 2

Wouldnt have found that if the black smoke or polar bears were lurking around !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Damn it! I won't have a chance to go to town tomorrow and buy it, so I bought it on Steam, only to find that I can't preload it. Now I've to wait ages to be able to play it. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why can't you pre-load it? When i looked earlier it was saying pre-load now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is it only supported by Vista and windows 7? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I can't seem to put this game down lol Went to bed at half 5 thismornin coz i woz up playin it and talkin to the lads.

Woke up at 7.45 thismornin, like 2 hours later, and turned the game back on.

(The sun beams in my face every mornin it just takes me forever to get back to sleep lol)

Some game tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    Why can't you pre-load it? When i looked earlier it was saying pre-load now.
    there's just option showing in Steam like it normally does. I can't understand it.
    R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is it only supported by Vista and windows 7? :(

yeah it is.

edit: finally got this loading. It's brilliant. I can see it getting repetitive, but I guess it's one of those games that you have to find your own way of having fun. I'm currently trying to free fall from a helicopter into one of those fuel shafts. It's driving me mad but I refuse to stop until I do it!

Is it possible to play this when steam is in offline mode?

Is it possible to play this when steam is in offline mode?

yes

Really annoyed at the moment because games for windows is telling me the code I got with the game for the additional content is invalid :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Liking this game but finding mayhem is more fun than the missions :confused:

have done some really retardly things , like things a 6 year old would do just cause i can :D

• Advertisement

Really annoyed at the moment because games for windows is telling me the code I got with the game for the additional content is invalid :mad:

This might help.

Advertisement