Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get full screen HDMI

Options
  • 14-03-2010 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a VAIO TT with integrated graphics.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then when I connect the laptop to my TV using HDMI, I can't get a full screen view.

The max resolution I can get is 1366 x 768, before I could get 1920 x 1080.

In device manager the display adapter is listed as Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

There is a base system device under other devices but I think thats got something to do with the SD Card reader.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a VAIO TT with integrated graphics.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then when I connect the laptop to my TV using HDMI, I can't get a full screen view.

The max resolution I can get is 1366 x 768, before I could get 1920 x 1080.

In device manager the display adapter is listed as Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

There is a base system device under other devices but I think thats got something to do with the SD Card reader.

Any ideas?

It is probably just missing the correct driver for the onboard graphics.

If you are lucky then windows will be able to do this automatically. Simply go to device manager, right click on the display adapter and select 'Update driver software'

If this doesn't work then the driver update utility from intel on this page should do the trick.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/

Advertisement