Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midwives - Thanks You!

• 14-03-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello all. First time in here................just had a new arrival!

I felt like I had to state my admiration for midwives! Baby born in Waterford Regional Hospital and the midwives were FANTASTIC. My admiration knows no bounds when it comes to the job that they do.

Never knew that they essentially do everything in relation to the babies birth. And now they are a huge resource in relation to teaching my wife and myself how to do EVERYTHING!

Whats more, to us it felt like we were the only people having a baby and that our baby and us were all that mattered. As soon as we were ready we were moved from the labour ward and somebody else was in and they started all over again. Amazing.

With all of the negative stories in relation to hospitals etc at the moment I thought I'd take a moment to give immense credit where it's due.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Hi there,

Warmest congrats, can I ask, did you and your wife go with Dominos midwifes or were you going with combined care.

I am 12 weeks gone (first time) and Dominos are booked up for October so I'm on a waiting list.

But If I thought I would be mostly cared for by midwifes then I wouldn't be so egar to go with Dominos.

Great to hear good reports about WRH as that is where I'll be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Congrats on your pregnancy! We did not use Domino's.

My wife and baby were very well looked after by the midwives in the hospital.

That's great news, my sister had both her kids there in 2007 and 2008(!) but it wasn't staraight forward and I lost track of who was actually looking after her.

These midwifes know what they are doing and should be the guys running the show. I'd love to have a home birth but not for my 1st so a midwife led delivery would be my 2nd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I had my first baby at the start of November in Waterford Regional also. The midwife i had was absolutly fantastic. I really felt like that i was the only person having a baby also, she talked me through every little step.

I thought they recomended Dominoe's for second or sebsequent babies as you have the baby and go home straight after and the widwife comes to your home the next day to check on you and the baby. I was in the hospital for three days after having my little one and they were super, she was a tiny bit jaundice so they moved me to a room right beside a window and were very nice.

Congrats on the pregnancy, i was due in Oct last year, little madam decided she didnt want to come out and i had to be induced at 41weeks and 3 days.

Congrats to you too, really reassuring to know everything went so well for you both. Even better to hear you had 1 midwife for the birth.

All my friends went with domino s for their first and subsequent babies on the under standing that if things veered form the usual they would be transfered to the combined care scheme, so I decided to try that too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement