Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead better on PC or Xbox 360?

Options
  • 14-03-2010 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Basically just wondering what i should get it on, pc or xbox ?
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

PC, no question. It's a Valve fps, needs mouse and keyboard for full enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Was playing it last night.. its great on the PC. Forgotten how amazing the hl engine is, so sharp. You gotta be a fast learner though, your teammates will kick you fairly fast if you aren't pulling your weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC ftw ! :D

But be prepared to be abused for the first 10hours of gameplay, ppl don't take kindly to noobs in that game.

RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL will be 2 new additions to your vocabulary come the end of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

PC like every FPS in existence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its almost like a different game imo.

I really must get back into playing it! I miss it so. My internet is so crap in the house im in at the mo, moving at the start of april so it should improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

PC.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Was playing it last night.. its great on the PC. Forgotten how amazing the hl engine is, so sharp. You gotta be a fast learner though, your teammates will kick you fairly fast if you aren't pulling your weight.

Not very good team mates are they then ;).

I would definitely say this is much better on the PC as well but then I suppose it will depend on the type of PC you have and if it's up for the job of running the game. It is also highly dependent upon who you end up playing with, if you have a good network of friends on the xBox and only play with randoms on the PC then your xBox experience of the game is going to be much better regardless of the easier controls or better graphics on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any fps on pc > any fps on console.

console control style is just too clunky. by the time you swing 180 you'd be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,307 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

any fps on pc > any fps on console.

console control style is just too clunky. by the time you swing 180 you'd be dead.
    Ugh.

Thats not what was asked and so help me if this turns into one of those 13 yr old flame fests, im holding you personally responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Basically just wondering what i should get it on, pc or xbox ?
    Cheers :)

Out of your friends or folk you play online on any game with, whatever platform the majority of them play it on regularly , pick that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a far better game on PC. It looks way nicer and keyboard and mouse are infinitely better than using a controller.

However if you mostly play with friends on the 360 then it might be better there since it's a co-op game and more fun with people you game with regularly.

Oh yeah and brace yourself for the counterstrike generation thats playing the game.. of course pub games of counterstrike contained zero teamplay.. in this game its actually essential, so the flashlight spamming, voice-spamming, mic-spamming, vote-kicking little rofllols actually have a vested interest in keeping the team alive, sometimes they might just even heal you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It is considered bad sport to use a mouse and keyboard when playing a console FPS because it gives you an unfair advantage.

Says it all really about how crap console controllers are for FPS

PC all the way, it is how God meant FPS to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*still has nightmares about Marshes penis pipe cleaner spray*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    PC ftw ! :D

But be prepared to be abused for the first 10hours of gameplay, ppl don't take kindly to noobs in that game.

RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL / RAGE / FAIL will be 2 new additions to your vocabulary come the end of the game
    And here I thought PC gamers prided themselves on a more mature community in online gaming. :rolleyes:

I think counterstrike players (on pub nonpassword servers) are pretty much the lowest common denominator..

Left4dead is a bit better, you get a few stoners and chilled out people, which can make for fun games, then you get a few decent good players so you can have a nicely competitive games.. but yah unfortuntely there's more than enough kiddies

Older, more indepth, realism style games generally attract the more mature crowd.. Red Orchestra, Arma2 (though some will disagree), certain Battlefield 2 mods, and other random mods in general.. regardless of whether you win or lose, the 'social quality' of the player is higher, makes for a more fun experience rather than a frustrating one..

The great thing about Left4dead is it forces the little ****s who are obsessed with getting the highest score to actually rethink and use some vague amount of teamplay, even ... "help" .. other players..

Or chainsaw them at the saferoom door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

A-Trak wrote: »
    whatever platform the majority of them play it on regularly , pick that one.

^ This.

L4D needs to be played with people you can work with and have fun with online. It doesn't matter how amazingly 1337 the keyboard and mouse is for the game if you are stuck playing with griefers and ragequitters on public servers.

This game is the definition of an experience that is best shared. It really doesn't hold much water as a single player or multiplayer lone-wolf game. You need a team you enjoy playing with.

L31mr0d = FAIL KING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The most annoying thing with L4D for me, is those annoying bossy central europeans in versus mode, who tell everyone what to do and get all skulky if things don't go their way even if their orders just weren't possible at the time.

But I'd say get the PC version, so you can bind "Nick does have a point" to a key, and say it whenever you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement