Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial property question

Options
  • 14-03-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

There is an abandoned building near where I live, it's been unused for a solid 10 years. I'd be really interested in taking on the property, renting it, but I don't know who the owner is. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out that information? I'd like to contact them to ask if they'd be interested in renting it out.

It's fairly run down. I wonder what the chances would be that they'd do it up, I'm hoping they might if they have someone ready to rent it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Commercial property pays rates to the local authority whether used or unused, so they would know. Failing that, the land registry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chester11

Find out who is the owner by asking the people in the surrounding and later on you can invest on that land. It is better to construct a commercial building. Search in the internet for experts and take their advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Commercial property pays rates to the local authority whether used or unused, so they would know. Failing that, the land registry?

Empty commercial property attracts no rate

Advertisement