Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All in one pc

Options
  • 14-03-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

I would like to build an all in one PC similar to the iMAC or HP touch

Ideally I would Like to buy a case with the monitor and then add my own mother board, cpu, memory and hard drive

I cannot find anything online and I am wondering does anyone know where I could get it

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The usual route here is to, erm, make it yourself :P

The other, fugly option is to take some poor innocent victim case and just stick a monitor on the side. Doable, but so Not-Sexy. There's actually an ATX case out there built around the concept. Poor fools :o Haven't seen it for sale around these parts though.

EDIT: Here's Option 2. As you can see, it's a) fugly, and b) isn't sold anywhere that ships to Ireland. Double d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

chapod21 wrote: »
    Ideally I would Like to buy a case with the monitor and then add my own mother board, cpu, memory and hard drive

Heck, why stop there!? See what this lad did. :D

The simplest option = stick a net-top at the back of a tft. Like so. Net-tops are bit anemic though. You also may be able to find a second hand C2D laptop with broken screen, decapitate it and then stick the laptop "engine" at the back of tft, or even enclose it there into a perty box.

If you do decide to go into crazy modding, do post pics here, please. There isn't nearly enough of those on boards.

Advertisement