Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd V Fulham Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mrDerek wrote: »
    just came on to see how many people were jizzin themselves at the sight of berbatov running and beating his man

randy_marsh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    randy_marsh.jpg
    what has a picture of ectoplasim got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

lol

you and your man crush

I assume you have the DVD for the double season? Watch the highlights of the FA Cup game against Arsenal and you will see his best performance on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I LOL'd

Liam O wrote: »
    I assume you have the DVD for the double season? Watch the highlights of the FA Cup game against Arsenal and you will see his best performance on the left.

I was laughing because you said "haven't been watching hard enough" it seems youve been watching him to hard Liam ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I was laughing because you said "haven't been watching hard enough" it seems youve been watching him to hard Liam ;)

Haha. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Indeed.

Anyway, whole team played well, except for Valencia who was quiet. Neville was pretty much solid! Berba was out of this world at times.

Every week, the commentators make the same damn joke. Here we are at Carrow Road hur hur hurrr. **** off, I've head 100, 000 times!!

here's what saf had to say
    Boss salutes wide-awake Reds

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted his side's lightning start to the second half provided the platform for victory over Fulham.

After a frustrating first period in which Fulham stifled the Reds' attacking play and provided scares at the other end, Wayne Rooney needed under 30 seconds of the second period to turn in Nani's cross and end the Cottagers' stubborn resolve.

"Fulham made us work because they've got good possession of the ball, they have composure and experience on the ball and they made us chase all over the pitch, particularly in the first half," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"We had some good pieces of play in the first half and their goalkeeper made some fantastic saves, but we had to speed up the play. Murphy and Baird were completely in control in midfield and we had to hurry them up and make the game a bit quicker. The start to the second half was crucial and we got a good one to put us in a good position. After that our confidence grew."

While Rooney's opener was the all-important goal, his second strike six minutes from the end of normal time was the most aesthetically pleasing for the United manager - not least for the approach work by Dimitar Berbatov, who rounded off the scoring late on.

"The second was the star goal really," he said. "The work by Berbatov was fantastic football and he just laid it on a plate for Wayne, who took it well. He (Berbatov) is intelligent, he has good composure on the ball and he adds to the team all the time. The making of the second goal was absolutely superb. It was very important (for him to score later), because he had a few opportunities, but he took one, and that's important."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Berba was my MOTM today, thought he showed the same performance as he done in the carling cup final, closing down defenders and actually going pass defenders, class stuff

what he really is missing is consistency for me atm

Nani was terrific, ya he did some stuff which were bizarre but overall he was great, havent seen him play that well on the left

Agree with everything you have said Headshot. Definitely Nani's best performance on the left. We know he can do it on the right but that is Valencia's spot particularly as Valencia's defensive work is needed on our weaker right side. It is great to see Nani turn himself around and hopefully he keeps it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thing about him was that he consistantly, consistantly, cut inside to cross with his right. He pretty much avoided his left at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

PHB wrote: »
    Thing about him was that he consistantly, consistantly, cut inside to cross with his right. He pretty much avoided his left at all costs.
    He could do it today against Kelly and he ended up having a very good game, but it's far from an ideal situation having him out there on the left. It's not really fair to Nani either. I wonder will he agitate for a move in the summer.

Plenty of good performances today for United against a difficult Fulham. Berbatov really stood out for me, he is our special key for unlocking defences in games like this. When the team is dominating he comes into his own. Rooney looked like he'd do harm to himself if it meant he could have another goal, it's such a joy watching him these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

PHB wrote: »
    Pretty sure he crossed in for Rooney's first with his left. But I do agree if he is to make that left wing spot his own he has to vary his crosses abit and not cut into on his right so much. Decent performance from him today though.

Berbatov was fantastic, mom for me, delighted he got a goal, really deserved it for his overall play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i remember Nani putting in 2 crosses with his left, could have been more but i can only remember two, its not ideal but he is getting more consistent in his performance level which is great

Berba was exceptional today, i shouldnt have to defend him for about a week or so now thankfully

Headshot, did you in fact give both of them praise?! proud of ya lad :)

kryogen wrote: »

Headshot, did you in fact give both of them praise?! proud of ya lad :)

of course mate, I give players praise when they deserve it, i dont talk out of my ass ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

of course mate, I give players praise when they deserve it, i dont talk out of my ass ;)

hmmm.... that part is open to debate tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

haven't gone thru this thread so am sure it was mentioned but thought that ref had a shocker, he seemd determined not to swayed in favour of United but to the extent that he didn't give us obvious free kicks. His worst aspect was his usage of "advatage" when there was none apparent, just because they still have the ball isn't an advtange, especially when the foul id jsut outside the area.

Advertisement