Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interior Dimensions for audi A4 avant and Citroen C5 estate

• 14-03-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering does anybody know where I could find the dimensions for the inside of a 98 A4 avant or a 01 Citroen C5 estate. I am looking at buying one of these but I need to be sure they would be big enough to carry a small kayak in the back. I currently have a Seat Toledo 5dr and its a snug fit in the back of that. The dimensions I need would be width and the distance from the back of the front seats to the back of the boot, i.e. with back seats folded down.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I don't have the dimensions but the C5 will be much larger, the A4 was never designed as a load lugger but as a 'lifestyle' model, whatever the hell that was supposed to be. When you say 5dr Toledo, do you mean first generation or third generation, I'm guessing first generation because of what you're intending to replace it with, if that's the case, you should be fine with either as that Toledo is based on the mkII Golf, the A4 should comfortably be bigger. Best to bring your kayak along when viewing the cars. You could also look at the Skoda Octavia which is the spiritual successor to the first generation Toledo in that it's a Golf based 5dr liftback with a big boot, and it also comes as an estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Its the first generation Toledo I have. I forgot to bring a measuring tape with me when looking at the Audi but it looks a little smaller than the Toledo. I was hoping to get my hands on an Octavia estate but I havent found any within my budget and in reasonable condition.

Boot space of toledo when seats folded down are: 1670mm long by 1300 wide (930mm wide at wheel arches)

Is there any website I might find the specs on the other cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

briN_s wrote: »
    Its the first generation Toledo I have. I forgot to bring a measuring tape with me when looking at the Audi but it looks a little smaller than the Toledo. I was hoping to get my hands on an Octavia estate but I havent found any within my budget and in reasonable condition.

Boot space of toledo when seats folded down are: 1670mm long by 1300 wide (930mm wide at wheel arches)

Is there any website I might find the specs on the other cars?

parkers.co.uk and whatcar.something may have the info you need. Though, it doesnt come up much.

How about a Passat estate? Im surprised you cant find any Octies that are in good shape.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No comparison between the C5 and the A4, the C5 is massive in the back.
    The A4 is only just an estate. I know a guy who bought a C5 exclusive in from the UK and converted it into a van, huge boot space inside it.
    The switch in the back that allows you to raise and lower the height is also a very handy thing to have if you are loading heavy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

bbk wrote: »
    How about a Passat estate? Im surprised you cant find any Octies that are in good shape.
    Most of the passats I have seen are well out of my budget or have huge mileage. There are a few octavia estates about alright but most are out of my price range aswell
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    No comparison between the C5 and the A4, the C5 is massive in the back.
    The A4 is only just an estate.

Yep defo agree with you there, just trying to figure out if the A4 is enough of an estate for me, coz I really like the car. Other than those 2 cars im keeping my eyes open for an Octavia estate

• Advertisement
Advertisement