Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationalism

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭timespast

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Your posts are extremely hard to understand. I've asked you where do Sinn Fein stand on immigration and you are yet to give me a clear answer.

This is the last time I find something for you ..... http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/3219

I usually get paid for research. :)

This was back in 2003/4 if you are genuinely interested in SF's policy on immigration an e mail would take you 2 mins.

It's easy to throw around accusations (ok for politics) but harder to come up with facts.

Personally I don't give a ****e about immigration....after all...who in their right mind would want to come here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

timespast wrote: »
    How are they hard to understand?
    Because your style of writing is hard to understand.
    I answered your point on your link to Nationalism.
    No you didn't. Sinn Fein are a nationalist party, it say's so on their website. http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/18473

Wikipedia also lists them as nationalist on their wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_fein

I'm not sure why you are trying to argue that SF are not nationalist when they are in fact the party most associated with Irish nationalism.
    Im not here to lecture you...you took time to search......search for their immigration policy........ Ive found many links to them stating past immigration policies were racist.
    The onus is on you to back up your claims, not me. I will research my own claims but I will not research yours. That's not the way internet forums work.
    All that you come up with is Sinn Fein= Nationalist= Racist.
    I don't believe I've ever called SF racist.
    Why don't you e mail them and ask what their policies are?
    Because they list their policies on their webpage. Which I would read if I was ever considering voting for them. But that is very un-likely to ever happen.
    My point is that those pointing out that Sinn Fein are Nationalist and therefore racist is a crock of ****e.
    Is it? You still haven't provided me with SF's immigration policy. Not that being anti-immigration necessarily makes one racist but being racist certainly makes one anti-immigration. For example BNP.
    Most of those with that opinion are old FF and FG who are the real Nationalists.
    Sorry, but I won't accept that FF or FG are more nationalist then SF. At least they can say they have never taken up arms against another culture post civil war.

Because your style of writing is hard to understand.

No you didn't. Sinn Fein are a nationalist party, it say's so on their website. http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/18473

Wikipedia also lists them as nationalist on their wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_fein

I'm not sure why you are trying to argue that SF are not nationalist when they are in fact the party most associated with Irish nationalism.

The onus is on you to back up your claims, not me. I will research my own claims but I will not research yours. That's not the way internet forums work.

I don't believe I've ever called SF racist.

Because they list their policies on their webpage. Which I would read if I was ever considering voting for them. But that is very un-likely to ever happen.

Is it? You still haven't provided me with SF's immigration policy. Not that being anti-immigration necessarily makes one racist but being racist certainly makes one anti-immigration. For example BNP.

Sorry, but I won't accept that FF or FG are more nationalist then SF. At least they can say they have never taken up arms against another culture post civil war.

Another culture?

Ah.... Bigotry, Gerrymandering, sub standard housing, unequal employment opportunities, 2 nd class citizens.

I think people did the very same what was done in the 26 Counties earlier was that against a culture?.

Go and listen to what our locals are saying about immigrants....the very same that vote for FG and FF.

You're just out for a bash.....if the policy on immigration isnt on their website then as I say ask them.

If you want I'll do it for you...but there will be a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Another culture?
    Yes.
    Ah.... Bigotry, Gerrymandering, sub standard housing, unequal employment opportunities, 2 nd class citizens.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    I think people did the very same what was done in the 26 Counties earlier was that against a culture?.
    What are you talking about?
    Go and listen to what our locals are saying about immigrants....the very same that vote for FG and FF.
    The voice of FF or FG supporters is not necessarily the voice of FF or FG. There is a huge difference.

Also I may add that from personal experience SF supporters don't seem to be the friendliest buch with regards to immigration. I know that's only anecdotal evidence but it's more then you have given.
    You're just out for a bash.....if the policy on immigration isnt on their website then as I say ask them.
    :confused:?
    Didn't you read my previous posts? The onus is not on me to research your claims. I research my own claims but I don't research yours. Either back up your claim or it is redundant.
    If you want I'll do it for you...but there will be a charge.
    Pay you to back up your own claim? You must be joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Timespast, despite your being a great research fellow and all that, you seem to be a bit out of your depth here.
    If you think SF are not nationalist, then you have don't understand the meaning of the word, except in a very subjective and parochial way.

You have completely misunderstood what I said, which was that SF are not racist or anti immigration. That was the (to me) interesting point.

Finally, I know it's difficult for a SF spokesperson, but try to be less ambiguous, otherwise nobody knows what you are on about.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

What are you talking about?

The voice of FF or FG supporters is not necessarily the voice of FF or FG. There is a huge difference.

Also I may add that from personal experience SF supporters don't seem to be the friendliest buch with regards to immigration. I know that's only anecdotal evidence but it's more then you have given.

:confused:?
    Didn't you read my previous posts? The onus is not on me to research your claims. I research my own claims but I don't research yours. Either back up your claim or it is redundant.

Pay you to back up your own claim? You must be joking.

I take it you don't do sarcasm.

Read the thread......most are stating SF are racist and anti immigration....what ****e.

Anecdotal ? I agree it's "only" for all I know you might have been snorting at the same time.

Ive given you a link to a statement (on immigration) made 6 years ago...there are many more.

Two wrongs dont make a right? Anything that has been achieved either side of the border unfortunately has been through violence.

You state those that are supporters of FF and FG aren't necessarily members...... erm ever considered the same with SF?

Are you sure you have thought this through?

Personally I think you just want someone to talk to and try to be a smart arse.

Hey, I just realised you wouldnt consider voting for SF and feel no need to contact them....... congrats you just wasted my time.

See you at the ard fheis comrade. :)

recedite wrote: »
    Timespast, despite your being a great research fellow and all that, you seem to be a bit out of your depth here.
    If you think SF are not nationalist, then you have don't understand the meaning of the word, except in a very subjective and parochial way.

You have completely misunderstood what I said, which was that SF are not racist or anti immigration. That was the (to me) interesting point.

Finally, I know it's difficult for a SF spokesperson, but try to be less ambiguous, otherwise nobody knows what you are on about.

Im not a SF spokesperson...... to me it appears most of you are just reading columnists from the SI or Tribune (I see nothing new) and or are first year Politics students.

I might have responded to the wrong person initially but to be honest I was reacting to the overall thread.

As you can see I think Ive been here 2 or 3 times....I don't see that as being out of my depth....after all a Forum is for the lonely and depressed...and believe me Im feeling that way tonight!

As for being ambiguous...... far from it......some like to read what they want to read.

It was the other guy who was going round in circles.

It's a forum....don't take yourself so serious.

Advertisement