Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pizza dough

Options
  • 14-03-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I made up a batch last wednesday, used half of it that night, used the other half last night and it tasted 10 times better.

Anybody notice this? just has it stored in the fridge, left it out for an hour before I used it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

you used yeast right?? perhaps you didn;t allow it to fremantate enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

yup I did, left it for about 2hours to sit. maybe next time I'll make it the morning and leave it out until the evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

probably depends on type and amount used of yeast.. but seems like you worked out the perfect timing for your to taste great.. although i always find that most food tastes so much better when it reheated the next day, especially pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Wow, it lasted that long? How did you store it in the fridge? I used a small lunchbox the last time I tried the fridge and 2 days later it had grown enormously! Well, the lunchbox was the same size, only the dough had expanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Generally the longer you leave it, the better it tastes as the yeast ferment, even in the cold of the fridge. Normally if I want to make pizza, I'll mix the dough and let it rise in the fridge for at least two days, and for a few more if I can think that far ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

yup, lots of threads here on pizza dough.
    It is generally accepted that pizza dough is best left for a few days to develop slowly in the fridge - I've used dough 10 days after it was made and it was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

yep ...yeast doughs will ferment (although rather slowly in a fridge) and allow a natural malting of the flours, and permeation of the flavours throughout the dough.

The same principle appiles to the old BFT method of bread production. This allowed flavours from frementation to work through the dough and allowing natural proteolytic enzymic reactions take place.

Advertisement