Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what ever happened to alco pop's

Options
  • 14-03-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

what ever happened to alco pop's
    Years ago there were loads of them, and they really were like a fizzy pop drink.
    Now a days it only seems to be wkd, and smirnof ice.

Can the old style one's be found anywhere ? Be it up north or mainland uk ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the duty increased on them and killed them off from the market. I was always shocked that they were popular, a simple case of people not doing simple maths and figuring out that a semi decent brand of spirits and your preferred soft drink mixer was actually cheaper. One mate of mine used to get them in pubs with a extra vodka, this made sense only since mixers are so expensive in pubs.

I expect some offies still have them, ones that are known to sell to underage kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

if anyone spots them in an offie, they might post here

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

bacardi breezers, fatfrogs.....there are quite a few still out there

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

In my local Centra they sell big bottles of Woodys (pink grapefruit flavour)

I loved the alcopops :) Sometimes a measure of spirits and a mixer is still too strong for me, so these were ideal :p

There was one called Mugshot, the cola flavour was so nice.. just like a cola Mr. Freeze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Vodka Sorted (VS) in Orange, Lemon and Blue at 3 for E10 is hugely popular with the kiddies (18-20 yrs) where i work :) I've found that sales of Fat Frog and Bacardi Breezer have slowed a lot in the last couple of years.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    The Vodka Sorted (VS) in Orange, Lemon and Blue at 3 for E10 is hugely popular with the kiddies (18-20 yrs) where i work :) I've found that sales of Fat Frog and Bacardi Breezer have slowed a lot in the last couple of years.

Same where I work. WKD, bacardi breezer,fat frog and smirnoff ice are all dying off slowly but surely. The newer premix stuff from diageo is really taking off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Those VS drinks are vile, they taste like burned rubber. We had them one night and everyone who tasted them said they taste like tyre.

I love Bacardi breezer and fat frog, they make a nice change when you've been drinking beer all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Never liked alco pops really. Tried a few years ago & most of them were sickly sweet.
    Prefer a decent beer.

Advertisement