Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Code Linking to Libraries.

Options
  • 14-03-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I've been working with some code that plays music by linking to a cSound library. So far I've been linking it in the command line, looking something like this:
    gcc myprogram.c -o myprog -I cSoundlib

and so forth.

Next up is putting a GUI onto it using wxWidgets.

Now my question is; how can I include the cSoundlib and the widgets libraries I'll need within the X-Code project, without having to include them in the command line with each build?

Been through the X-Code manual, I'm not too sure exactly what I should be looking for.
    Any help would be great, Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Easy enough, edit project settings, and enter the path into Library Search paths...

Next issue though is how the hell do I get wxWidgets happening.

I currently have 5 lines of code and 230 errors in my build. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

UPDATE: one afternoon and evening later. Many attempts at trying to make wxWidgets and or compile it in xcode. Eventually managed to make it in command line. Not sure if Unicode is enabled or not. But it's still not finding certain headers etc. I think I learned something along the way though!

I'm using OSX 10.4 and I'm wondering if I'd be better off trying something like Qt instead.

I had wxWidgets working fine with simple hello world stuff on code blocks on a PC, but codeblocks is really unstable on the Mac for some reason. I was hoping to use form builder but I'd be happy enough to just do it in code at this stage.

Does anyone have any experience to compare Qt and wxWidgets on 10.4?

Advertisement