Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to rehome a dog

Options
  • 14-03-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

What would be the best way to rehome an 18month old labrador - the owner has been told by landlord that he is permitted one dog only:( and he already has a dog (first one). Quite honestly I can't see why not two, but I said I would try to find out.
    The dog is very loved, and owner is distraught, but apparently cannot keep them both.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Is the owner located in Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

liah wrote: »
    Is the owner located in Mullingar?

Hi - yes actually,owner and dog are in Mullingar!

Just thought I'd ask since your location said Mullingar!

I'm originally from Canada but I've been living in Mullingar for some time now-- and I had to leave three dogs back home with my mother. If the dog needs to be urgently rehomed I and my housemate would be more than happy to take him, at the VERY least temporarily if the owners would like to find someone they perhaps know (then again, it's Mullingar, they might already know me or my housemate! :p) to take the dog.

I've had big dogs my entire life and both my housemate and I have been considering getting a dog for some time now. I'm home all day, the dog would rarely be alone.

Just throwing it out as an option! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Goodness - wow! I will pass on that info - though I think that he would need a for ever home really, not a temporary one - and btw he is a big labrador....

dragona wrote: »
    Goodness - wow! I will pass on that info - though I think that he would need a for ever home really, not a temporary one - and btw he is a big labrador....

Ah I know, my housemate's not home at the moment so I can't double check, which is why I said at the very least temporarily.

And yeah.. my dogs back home? One 80lb German Shepherd, one 100lb Bernese Mountain Dog, and a 60lb mutt. I love big dogs. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

http://www.irishanimals.ie/laball_homes.html

Don't worry if the rescue is not located near you, most of them have a nationwide network of volunteers to do the initial homecheck and then will work something out so you can meet the dog before adopting.

Advertisement