Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kebabs?????

Options
  • 14-03-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

where are the best/worst kebabs in dublin city,i had one yesterday in the epicurian food hall on middle abby street and it was the worst kebab ive ever had.two thumbs down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Best - Iskanders on Dame Street

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F.R. wrote: »
    Best - Iskanders on Dame Street

Hell no!

Do you actually eat REAL kebabs?

:)

@ OP - My favourite one left is Kebabish on Clanbrassil Street, super lovely kebabs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Ten pints are a prerequisite

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zaytoon on camden street, haven't tried it but heard it meant to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1 for Zaytoons, one in temple bar as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Zaytoons are good.

Iskanders are good after a few pints.

Haven't tried Kebabish.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Surprisingly enough Roccas on the Malahide Road (near Parnell Park) does a great kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Kebabish and Zaytoon are excellent and both pass the ultimate test - you can eat them sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Kebabish and Zaytoon are excellent and both pass the ultimate test - you can eat them sober.

Yh love these 2. Hate most other places especially Abragestabya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Abra-not a kebab-ra is vile.

I do like Iskanders, but Zaytoon wins hands down.

Never been in, but I don't know if I'd trust a Kebab house that calls itself Kebabish. I mean, either it is a Kebab or it isn't! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Zaytoon is the best, specifically the chicken shish, the barg is also delicious but is a bit pricier. Both just as delicious sober as drunk.

Iskanders do a good kebab, been a while since I've been there.

The Sultan on Georges St is fairly good although i've only been there whilst fairly well on.

Abrakebabra is rank, as are most if not all kebabs from chippers. Kebab Klub on Stephen Street is also sh1te. Pricey, greasy, bland rubbish.

Heard rumours that the very small kebab place that looks like nothing more than a shed stuck on the side of a building on Baggot Street is nice but i've never been.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Todd Gack wrote: »

Heard rumours that the very small kebab place that looks like nothing more than a shed stuck on the side of a building on Baggot Street is nice but i've never been.

Ishmals is thename, very nice kebabs, still dont beat zaytoon, awesome dishes there. blows every other place outta the water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Todd Gack wrote: »
    http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/ismael-kebap-17119
    This place? :D Have had kebabs out of there, many moons ago though so can't vouch for the quality now. But I remember they were savage. (Note there was drink taken :P)
    There is a good spot on Kevin street Hot Chilli, they do different types of spicey stuff, and good pizzas. Also Babylon on Camden street does nice stuff, proper fresh kebab bread, although they don't do shawarma lamb, its doner stuff like scabykebabra. And it's cheap too.
    But Zaytoon is still the king of kebabs in my book, love the Barg!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

There is a good spot on Kevin street Hot Chilli, they do different types of spicey stuff, and good pizzas. !

got a pube in my chips there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Zaytoon - Camden street - best - tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago, place looks nice and well kept too - humus as an extra in a tub was very oily and didn't taste so nice because of this.

Not so keen on their one on parliament street near temple bar but ok during day

Ishmals? - Baggot Street/Merrion Row - tried once a few weeks back - tasted good - lots of drink taken though

The Sulton, South Great Georges Street - ok, haven't eaten their food in maybe 2 years

Isksander - also haven't eaten there in about a year - Kebabs were ok and a lot of people used to think they were best but in my opinion nothing on Zaytoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Did they charge ya extra for the pube? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Is that part of the deluxe combo meal? :P that's pretty shocking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

+1 for Zhaytoon. Had it the other day, was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

107780.jpg

Yeh Zaytoon are excellent.

I've an awful habit of taking low quality pictures of Zaytoon kebabs when I'm drunk. :) (I dont think the photography forum would appreciate me posting this in their forum!).

I dont mind Abra's though tbh and I like individual chipper's take on kebabs such as chucking in some red cabbage and diced carrot to try and "Irish" up the kebab.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19 corda

Best is the Kebab shop beside the Mercantile on Dame street, the name escapes me! yum

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

pawrick wrote: »
    Ishmals? - Baggot Street/Merrion Row - tried once a few weeks back - tasted good - lots of drink taken though
    Had one there when soberish and it was not great, I would not go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

corda wrote: »
    Best is the Kebab shop beside the Mercantile on Dame street, the name escapes me! yum

That'll be Iskanders

Iskanders & Zaytoons are the best I have had here so far. Not mad on Ishamaels Kebap place.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I'm partial to Sultan on Georges St. Prefer it to Iskanders.

Been to Zaytoon once and liked it but was too drunk to rank it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There used to be a place on baggot street that was really nice (istanbul?) really fresh ingredients. The owner was a bit of a character, he'd talk for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭ClayDavis

Mezza, Parliament Street. It is my favourite, the mixed plate is awesome. Usually get a good few middle easterners in there, which is a sign of quality in my book.Momo's, Iskanders, Zaytoon and Kebabish are all good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

The place in Epicurean is awful. They've priced themselves out of the market! They used to be nice a few yeras ago when it wass about 7quid but now it's up to a tener and it ain't up to scratch.

Momos is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

i tried zaytoon and i can only describe it as "epic" it was so tasty i didnt realise id eaten three or four bites of the wrapping paper,it has to be the best in town.3 thumbs up, 6 stars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

After having Kebabs in Germany the Zaytoon ones have lost all appeal. The thoughts of spending about €14 for a kebab, chips and can in Dublin compared to €4 for the same in Berlin is quite sickening. The kebab shops in Frankfurt would give you a shot of rum often with your meal - a nice nightcap. Zaytoon is nice, when you have the money

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

After having Kebabs in Germany the Zaytoon ones have lost all appeal. The thoughts of spending about €14 for a kebab, chips and can in Dublin compared to €4 for the same in Berlin is quite sickening. The kebab shops in Frankfurt would give you a shot of rum often with your meal - a nice nightcap. Zaytoon is nice, when you have the money

I myself used to enjoy kebabs on the riviera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I was in Zaytoon last night; i prefer Iskanders! I a paid a tenner for what i classify as a mixed kebab... Really disappointed! Iskanders is way cheaper and you get a whole lot more for the price you pay!

Advertisement