Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kebabs?????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

1. Zaytoon
    2. Iskanders
    3. Ishmael

in that order....

I've had the kebab from the epicurian food hall before.. thought it was decent enough to be honest..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I was in Zaytoon last night; i prefer Iskanders! I a paid a tenner for what i classify as a mixed kebab... Really disappointed! Iskanders is way cheaper and you get a whole lot more for the price you pay!

i never got more in iskanders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Had a lovely one last night from the Connolly end of Talbot st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's a new place on Clanbrassil St called 'Passion 4 Food' which has taken the title of best kebab away from Mezza in my humble opinion. The meat is high quality (for a kebab joint) and they come with about 8 different veggies. In fact, I'm going to get one right now-I might even get some pics up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

WindSock wrote: »

is that the new place beside the bank of ireland?

personally, i like the place in the epicurian, i had one there on thursday and it was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

WindSock wrote: »

Kebab 786?

Passed by it during the day and they were advertising a buffet at lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 38 damone

best kebab by a long looooong way in this city is the bistro on clanbrassil street ,its the sauces i tell you ,unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!

is that the new place beside the bank of ireland?

personally, i like the place in the epicurian, i had one there on thursday and it was lovely

It could be. Not sure if there is a BOI there.
    Had one in the epicurean a few years ago, and I wasn't crazy about it.
    howiya wrote: »
    Kebab 786?

Passed by it during the day and they were advertising a buffet at lunchtime

I think that might be it.

However I was fairly gee-eyed when I stumbled in on Fri. It hasn't passed the sober test yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Thrill of the Grill on South Richmond Street to some whopper kebabs that can be consumed sober

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

ClayDavis wrote: »
    Mezza, Parliament Street. It is my favourite, the mixed plate is awesome. Usually get a good few middle easterners in there, which is a sign of quality in my book.Momo's, Iskanders, Zaytoon and Kebabish are all good though.

Yep. I love Mezza. I think it's much better than Zaytoon. Zaytoon's not as good as it used to be.

Must give Kebab 786 a go now... I'm a big fan of inexplicable numbers on the end of things.

(Wish I hadn't read this thread just before lunch time... I'm miles away from a decent kebab)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Kebabish on Clanbrassil Street is the clear winner.

There is a place rather confusingly called Kebabish Original on South Richmond Street, it's good value for money but not as tasty as the place on Clanbrassil Street. They are in no way connected to each other.

The bustling trade in Kebabish after Friday prayers is testimony to the quality of their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Sultan!!!!! On George's St.

Win win win!!!!!

Mmmm, homemade pitta bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Went to Mezza Sunday night.
    Class feed altogether.
    Starving now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

gihj wrote: »
    Went to Mezza Sunday night.
    Class feed altogether.
    Starving now.:(

I'm not surprised you're starving!

You're actually supposed to eat everyday, not just on Sundays.

... I'm a big fan of inexplicable numbers on the end of things.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Gyalist wrote: »
    Kebabish on Clanbrassil Street is the clear winner.

Without a doubt the winner, I used to live up around Clanbrassil St and they have some quality Eastern takeaway places up there and the wee shops are nice to you can get some really good foreign fruit and veg, loads of spices etc and they staff are really nice too coz not a lot of paddys go into the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Scien wrote: »
    Zaytoon is one of the finest fast food establishments I've ever ate in. I went through a phase of cycling down there for dinner once a week because it was so much easier/better than cooking.

Slightly off topic but if you like Mexican food and in particular Burritos, I highly recommend the new Boojum that opened on Millenium Walkway.
    It's jack nichlausly good. Only about €6.50 for one too and you can barely walk after it. Fast becoming my favourite eatery in Dublin... and you can buy a beer with your food. Heaven.
    http://www.boojummex.com/
    I was there last week... LOVE it!!!

Fantastic value!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

Mezza on Parliament Street is the best imo. Iskanders is a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Davy wrote: »
    zaytoon on camden street, haven't tried it but heard it meant to be good.

lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Place beside Zaytoon is better

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Davy wrote: »
    zaytoon on camden street, haven't tried it but heard it meant to be good.

I agree with this.

And the one in Camden St seems to be nicer than the one in Temple Bar, for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

What is the one across from Break for the borer called? I went there last night and it was nice enough. I thought it was expensive at the time(it was 9 euro with a drink and chips). I don't have kebabs too often though.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

poisonated wrote: »
    What is the one across from Break for the borer called? I went there last night and it was nice enough. I thought it was expensive at the time(it was 9 euro with a drink and chips). I don't have kebabs too often though.

That's kebab klub, only had it the once but the kebab was as sh1t as the name, and i'd had a few on me, and that's saying something. It's pricey enough too for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Todd Gack wrote: »
    That's kebab klub, only had it the once but the kebab was as sh1t as the name, and i'd had a few on me, and that's saying something. It's pricey enough too for what you get.

Is Kebab Klub not the one in Fairview across from the park? Or are there 2 of them? In Kebab 786 Talbot St all of the meals cost €7.86. I was in there on the day it opened and got a chicken schwarma. Took one look at it and into the bin it went. Couldn't even nibble at the pitta it was that bad. Meat was particularly gristly and low grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

wyndham wrote: »
    Is Kebab Klub not the one in Fairview across from the park? Or are there 2 of them? In Kebab 786 Talbot St all of the meals cost €7.86. I was in there on the day it opened and got a chicken schwarma. Took one look at it and into the bin it went. Couldn't even nibble at the pitta it was that bad. Meat was particularly gristly and low grade.

Yeah, it's the same establishment as the one in fairview, think there's more branches too unfortunately.

Note to self.....avoid Kebab 786.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

i too agree with that had one kebab in it once thumbs down also had a lamb curry with rice also thumbs down never again there actually stupid in there i dont eat veg on kebab just meat and sauce and say no veg and they do the opposite

any one know how much for a kebab meal in zaytoon headin there now in a half hour after hearin so much about them on this thread ya's have me craven for one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

About €9.50 - €11.50 I think, depending on which kebab you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

About €9.50 - €11.50 I think, depending on which kebab you choose.

€10.50 for lamb doner meal just home and oh my god that was the nicest kebab i have ever eatin in my life feel like taken a little sleep here im that full its knocked the bolox outta me
    only thing is why do they give you a knife that has no chance cutting through it at all:confused: other then that not a single bad thing to say about the place

• Advertisement

On closer inspection, Kebab 786 ain't all that.

Advertisement