Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread locked

Options
  • 14-03-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi
    I created a thread in Online Buying & Auction called Terms and Condition/VAT. I'm creating a web site and I want to know if there are laws that determine the terms and condition. The moderator (jor el) has locked the thread saying that the forum is for Online buying related queries, not business start-ups. He's correct in that I'm starting up a business but surely terms and conditions are relevant to online buying and maybe your readers should know where to find the information relating to returns, damaged good etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Your best bet is to PM jor el to discuss this further with him. If you're not happy with his response you can PM the other CMod (dudara) about it. If you're still not happy after that, come back to this thread and an admin will look at the matter for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 panda708

My first thought was to pm him but because I'm a fairly new user, I'm not allowed. I think the topic is one that concerns consumers and locking the thread was a bit harsh and unnecessary.

Can you provide a link to the thread then please?

Sure. Here's the link to the thread that I created.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055854214

To be honest, I can see why jor el locked the thread. That particular forum is more to do with how to avoid online scams, isues with ebay, paypal and so on, returning purchases, etc. It's mostly from a buyer's perspective and doesn't really go into major detail about specific T&Cs, VAT issues, etc., from the seller's point of view.

However there are a couple of other forums that might be of use to you, have a look at the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum and maybe even the Taxation forum.

I hope that helps. :)

• Advertisement

Thank you for looking into it. As a consumer I have had some problems buying online. I've tried to return goods and been told that it's beyond the terms stated on their site. I also bought from the site that charged vat on the postage. Maybe had I just phrased the post differently then it wouldn't have been locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just noticed this thread now. I have not been contacted by the poster, so was unaware of any issue. The questions that the poster have are to do with the VAT implications for a business, and the terms and conditions in consumer contracts. Neither of which belongs in that forum. He will find that similar questions have been asked and answered in the forums linked by Zaph.

Some questions may not be answerable, as they require professional advice, as I mentioned.

There are also several website development forums here, that may offer more guidance.

Advertisement