Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump only working on Cold Water

• 14-03-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My house as 2 showers (one upstairs and one downstairs) and a Bath and sink mixertap all connected to a Salamander pump. This system has worked correctly for last 2 years.

Today the pump will not switch on when I turn on the hot water valve on the mixer. I can get the pump operating and pumping on the cold water but as soon as I tun on the hot the pump stops working and no water comes out. This happens on all the taps that I try.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My house as 2 showers (one upstairs and one downstairs) and a Bath and sink mixertap all connected to a Salamander pump. This system has worked correctly for last 2 years.

Today the pump will not switch on when I turn on the hot water valve on the mixer. I can get the pump operating and pumping on the cold water but as soon as I tun on the hot the pump stops working and no water comes out. This happens on all the taps that I try.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?
    Those pumps have filter washers on them maybe one is blocked on the hot side , its an odd problem even if the pump isnt working a little hot water should get out , if your handy at it yourself check these washers they are where the flexies connect to the pump you may have to turn off valves etc before you can remove them

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AntoinBreathnac

Thanks for your suggestion which proved correct. I got a guy from the pump suppliers out and he found the filter on the hot water fed blocked. Once he rinsed this out everything worked perfectly!

Thnaks!
    :)

Advertisement