Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car tyres carlow

Options
  • 14-03-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

hi can anyone recommend a good tyre garage in carlow im looking fairly decent tyres but at reasonable price if you can recommend a few ill ring around for prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you could give Thomas Tallon a ring he's a go bit out of town though. Do you know where Clonmore is?
    http://www.tallonwheels.com/

Alternatively, I like the guys in Tyre Zone in Tullow. Fairly decent prices but I go for the friendly service. Not particularly impressed by any of the places I've been in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

cheers shay ill give them a buzz tomorrow have an idea where clonmore is but have a mate who lives in hacketstown im sure he knows im just gonna try the local places for few prices if not ill head north when im next home:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

I also recommend Thomas Tallon, in Clonmore,Hacketstown,Co.Carlow
    , My other half got tires off him the other week. Very helpful and does the tracking for ur car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

john whelan j.w tyres out at shamrock business park is a gent and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Also have a look at Tullow Tyre Centre that has opened up in Tullow across from Doyles there.

And I also second the recommendation for JW Tyres. excellent guys and great craic if you get them going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

tommycahir wrote: »
    Also have a look at Tullow Tyre Centre that has opened up in Tullow across from Doyles there.

And I also second the recommendation for JW Tyres. excellent guys and great craic if you get them going :)

yeh they do nothing but take the piss out of each other , its mad but funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I get my tyres on camskill.co.uk and get JW Tyres up by Doyles to fit them. Very reasonable, but he can't match the price of camskill, but has no problem fitting them.

thanks lads rang around a few of the garages listed and quite expensive for what im looking most didnt have the brand or spec i required but had other brand tyres in stock which came in alot over the price ive got online, checked out camskill and coming in 10 pounds dearer per tyre than blackcircles.com in end ive ordered from them and getting fitted next weekend its a pity garages in south just cant be competitive as i would rather deal locally but the money ive saved is better in my pocket at end of day:D

well just an update ive cancelled my online order after talking with lads in JW Tyres they had a set of tyres in the brand i wanted and very close to the tread pattern hammered out a deal and worked out very well only slightly more than the total cost of ordering online + garage fitting/dosposal fee, all in all im very happy with what ive got and would definately recommend JW tyres great bunch of lads and great criac:D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

+1 for JW Tyres. Very good service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

J.W tyres all the way... if i need tyres or want to get tracking done the boys are dead on great Laugh & price is fair

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

JW tyres for me also, I always go there and they look after you, Very good service and bit of craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Pauric

patrickc wrote: »
    john whelan j.w tyres out at shamrock business park is a gent and reasonably priced.

I second that. JW looks after his customers and will always do you a good deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement