Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Boat Storage

• 14-03-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a small sailing yacht in the 24' - 26' range and was wondering how much people are paying for winter storage and what the cheapest option would be. I would plan on having it moored for the summer months and on land for the winter months preferably in Dublin. Some places charge exorbitant prices for storage so was wondering if anyone has any ideas or advice on this.

Thanks,

K_2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Not Dublin but to give you an idea on price,

€900.00 for my 30 foot Searay including crane in and out + hull powerwash in this yard in New Ross.
    http://www.newrossboatyard.com/

Sound lads and good facilities available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 K_2008

Thanks Hifive, that's not too bad with the lift in and out included which in Dublin is €100 min for each lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Yeah I was chuffed with it. Up till this winter I always left the boat on the marina and just lifted her for a few days in the spring for antifoul etc. The crane usually cost €150.00 each way, then you had to pay the Dunmore East harbour master a few quid for use of the (lack of) facilities there.

It was very hard to get everything finished in the few days but you were always keen to get her back in, as theres no security in Dunmore and you'd be afraid of skangers pulling out the chocs or whatever, also if the weather was bad you were screwed:eek:

Think the winter marina fees were about €400.00 so the yard is probably a small bit more expensive but well worth it for the peace of mind.

Advertisement