Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flare?

• 14-03-2010 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

9B58F3E926124436B74ED68F6C7994AC-800.jpg

I put this up more to ask a question than anything else, see on the 3 people to the right? Is that the light reflecting off my lens glass? I don't use hoods and it's the 1st time I've ever noticed this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I put this up more to ask a question than anything else, see on the 3 people to the right? Is that the light reflecting off my lens glass? I don't use hoods and it's the 1st time I've ever noticed this.

Looks like the reflection on in the lens from one of the the 3 bulb street lights, to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I think it's a big fart with the fart Phosphorescence caught by your amazing camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Did you have a filter attached to the lens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Nforce wrote: »
    Did you have a filter attached to the lens?

Yeah, like a cheap uncoated UV or skylight filter for example, that'll cause the above. Might just be your lens is prone to it though. It's not quite flare, more internal reflections.

-edit-
    Incidentally, having a hood on the lens wouldn't have actually saved you from those sorts of internal reflections, as they're caused by lights actually IN the scene you're photographing. You can see the other lights have done the same thing, only fainter, on a line leading up and to the right from the main flare. However a hood might have cut down on that veiling flare spilling across the top right hand side of the frame from a light out of shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

It was my 50mm 1.4 lens and like all my lens I make sure I have filters on as I'm a clumsy so n so and lens are EXPENSIVE!

Some filters I have are hoya pro and some are the middle range one, in this case it appears it is the middle range one Hoya[0], I have to say though that I'm glad a hood wouldnt've made a difference as I hate using them and never do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

You should probably take off filters in situations like this. If you -do- insist on using them then at least make sure you're using reasonable quality multicoated ones. And use a lens hood :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

aye, you have me thinking now of going thru all my filters to see what ones I should keep!
    damn expenses!
    Hoya pro are ok yeah?
    As for the shot, it's just quick sneaky shots walking thru Temple Bar, then again guess I could've left the filter off from the start.

Advertisement