Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remedial Farrier (sandcrack)

Options
  • 14-03-2010 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I have a 13 year old Thoroughbred mare who has always had very poor feet, and has developed a nasty sandcrack in her front foot. :( I want to take her to a remedial farrier that comes highly recommended to give her the best chance of recovery. I live in Co. Tipperary but would be willing to travel within a reasonable distance. Does anyone know of such a farrier, or has anyone successfully dealt with this problem and have any tips they'd like to share?! :D

Thanks,
    Marie. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

I used to have a TB who suffered from bad feet and he used to get sandcracks - go and get a tub of cornucresine (probably the incorrect spelling) its brilliant stuff, I recomend you use laytex gloves to put it on otherwise it'll take ages to get off your hands and then for maintenance get the one that you can apply with a brush.

Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just a reminder that any suggestions that relate to the treatment, feeding, medical state, general health, etc. of horses are only suggestions. If in doubt, contact your vet and/or farrier..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If anyone has suggestions/recommendations for a farrier, can you please PM riedela with their details. Thanks.

Advertisement