Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female pillion

• 14-03-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

i

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Trust him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Hi alanajane.

I think if you don't feel comfortable with this then perhaps you should say it to him. However, if it was a male friend riding with him would you still feel like this? Or if his female friend turned out to be a lesbian?

I think it's important for people to have friends with common interests regardless of their sex.

He has reassured you that nothing's going on and if he's never given you a reason not to trust him then I think you should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe if you exlain how you feel to him, he'll only go out for a ride with her when she has her own bike back. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

alanajane wrote: »
    Hi. I would appreciate the opinion of ye all on this. My husband is a biker, loves his motorbikes and going out for a spin etc etc...he has many biker friends. Me on the other hand cannot stand the things but I dont mind in the slightest that he often goes out for rides with the lads or stinks of petrol and such like...
    Today however, he is gone out for 'spin' with a fellow female biker - not with a group just the two of them. Add to this that her bike is broken so she is gone pillion with him. He assures me that they are just friends and that I've nothing to worry about but why do I feel that this is just too intimate and have sick feeling in my stomach.

If riding pillion on a bike is so intimate then why haven't you done it? You don't seem to trust your husband.
    alanajane wrote: »
    Please dont advise me to go with him sometimes on the bike because Id rather cut my wrists with rusty blunt knife.

Wow. Talk about your melodrama.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

I think the fact that he is being open with you in the first place, letting you know all the facts, nothing hidden, you should grant him that trust.

Maybe get to know her too and that could put you mind at ease and you might see that it is just a passion for biking and nothing more. If not mention it to him that you are questioning her attentions maybe, but trust him etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

More of a relationship issue I think and as the OP has deleted her original post, i'm going to lock this.

Maple.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement