Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sting in the Tail - New Scorpions album

Options
  • 14-03-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I just DLed the new (and final) Scorpions album, and it's got some killer tracks. I think it's released soon, tomorrow or something, but well worth checking out. Raised on Rock is probably my favourite at the moment. Lyrics are cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Turn you on is my favourite so far. Nice to see the return of the fun, anthemic songs after the somewhat serious Humanity album.

Seems to be a good release so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

It's not bad at all, and the guitar tone/sound is much much better than the last album. I just hope there are other songs on the album that are more impressive and longer than this one, because it just seems a little bit disposible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just listened to it in full and thought it was an excellent album, now if they would only play here. I've been buying their albums for 30 yrs and yet to see them live, might just have to head over to see them in Europe before they finally call it a day as seems likely now.

rednik wrote: »
    Just listened to it in full and thought it was an excellent album, now if they would only play here.

I'm just curious as to where you listened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oooh a new album?! Well rock me like a hurricane! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I'm just curious as to where you listened to it?

I bought the cd on sat morning, brought it home and listened to it very loud in the living room. What did you think of it or have you listened to the entire album yet?.

rednik wrote: »
    I bought the cd on sat morning, brought it home and listened to it very loud in the living room. What did you think of it or have you listened to the entire album yet?.

I actually didn't even know it was out yet. I might see if I can download it first to see if it's any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

I've listened to it now (many times) and I think it's a really great album. Honestly, it has some weaker tracks in the middle (Loreli and SLY come to mind), but it has a really strong opening (Raised on Rock) and an even stronger closer (The Best is Yet to Come), and some overall solid songs throughout.

"The Best is Yet to Come" is a really cool way to close their career, especially the way at the end the guitar and drums fade out and you have just Klaus.

It's not a bad albim at all, I really liked 'Raised on Rock, Lorelei, Spirit of Rock, Turn You On, Sly, The Good Die Young and of course 'The Best is Yet to Come' which is very good album closer. Unfortunately it's not enough songs to make me rush out and buy the album, but it is very good.:)

Advertisement