Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing dog in Corbally

• 14-03-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭

I know its a long shot but my dog disappeared last night. Im thinking during the fireworks she must have got scared and ran off. She was in the back garden which has a 6foot high wall all around it so to get out would take some jump.

Any way she is a medium sized dog ( no particular breed but isnt too unlike a small sheepdog) black colour with white paws and some white on her face she is only 3 years old but looks like a much older dog because of the white bits. She was wearing a red collar with paws prints on it. She was a rescue dog so has always been a bit wild. But if anyone thinks they spot her or has any advice let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I dont want to scare you but I have heard of scams where travellers steal your dog, wait for a reward to be posted & then sell the dog back to you to make profit.

If there is no way the dog could have jumped the wall, it must have been taken

If its not a pure breed, it can`t have been to sell on or breed for profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Something doesnt seem right about it if she did manage to jump the wall she would be trapped in next doors garden but she has just completly vanished. She must have been taken.

She isnt any way a pure breed even just by looking at her and they left the smaller quiter dog.

Any way please keep an eye out for any strays around the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Give the animal sanctuary a call in the morning in case your dog was found and handed in.

Their numbers are

063 91110 or 087 6371044

You could also call the Dog Pound in Mungeret in case they found your dog.

061 30 16 04 or 087 9079505.

If you have a pic of your dog then get it to the Limerick Post as they have a page for pets etc and there is a missing pet section.

put up a few notices on lamp posts around the area, see if anyone gets in contact

Write "reward" on the notice but don`t specify how much

Good luck, hope you get your dog back

If the dog barks alot, have you considered that it could be a neighbour?

Just some food for thought

I rang all the local dog pounds welfare ispca etc. Put up the posters and now im heading for the limerick post.

thanks for all the help. Everyone has been very good except one guy that told me dogs are being snatched and used as bait dogs for training fighting dogs. Prob true but not what i wanted to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

if you have a picture of ur little dog - might be worth it to put it up here and also in the animal forum too!

Im trying to find a digital one i had a few printed out that i used for the posters put them up in Tesco, the chipper and the apple green petrol station near westbury. I lost most of my digital photos when my laptop crashed but ill try to scan one to put up here alright.

Fingers crossed someone spots her if i even had a sighting of her id know she was around rather than stolen but ive driven and walked all over the estates no sign of her at all and she would be bouncing around the place so would get spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Again without trying to alarm, do you have a Barna Shed? My dog used to hide under there when fireworks went off.
    Never went under at any other time, I didn't even think she would fit

No, no sheds its just a open square garden with a 6-7 foor high wall and locked gate. only thing in there is a kennel and a storage bunker checked in both of those.

This is a pic taken in the summer. if any one spots her let me know. If she was robbed they could just throw her out anywhere around the city. She is as daft as a brush so its unlikely anyone has taken her in so im getting really worried now.

polly-1.jpgpolly2.jpg

Cute as a button - will keep a look out for ya - best of luck!

• Advertisement

Just an update she still isnt home but i have have a few sightings. 1 near Barrys shop near ardnacrusha this morning, 1 near Seancoil she was spotted in the last few days and once in clonlara on Monday night.

They are all relitively close by to each other. If she is going across the back fields. If you are in any of these locations keep an eye out for her.

Fingers crossed and ill keep searching.

Make sure to put up plenty of notices in those areas, good luck

What is her name and does she come if called?

I will use the canal banks for my run this evening and will give a trot around O Brien's bridge.

She is called Polly she does come to me when i call but she may not come to someone she sdoesnt reconise as she is a bit jumpy but she should at least notice the name. Usually she will approach people and then run away.

I think the lead by Sean coil may be a false start i walked all round there and came across and other dog very similar to polly but it wasnt her i think that could be the one the lady rang me about.

Will be heading out for my run in the next half hour or so. So will keep an eye and will bring a dog lead in the car just in case.

She is home !!! The girls working in Barrys shop spotted her managed to keep her untill i got out there. She seems to be ok just nervous and hungry. But just as daft as always !!!

delighted for you:)

That is great news. I bet she is glad to be back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

This is wonderful news. I was following this thread.
    I'm a dog lover and I was fearing the worst here.

I'm delighted for all concerned.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I'd been keeping my eyes open for I live in the area too. Delighted you found her. Being a fellow dog owner I can imagine what you were going through. Lots of cuddles for the next few days I'd say :D

• Advertisement

She is delighted to be home alright her sister who was being spoilt all week isnt as happy though :D

Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out

Great news - delighted for you and your family :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Brilliant news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yeay! love these types of threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

The poor thing! Shame we will never know what kinda adventure she had...

It's so nice to hear a good ending! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

This thread makes me want to sing:

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
    Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
    Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
    Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
    Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Fantastic news!!
    I was out around UL on Sunday and was watching out for her.

Sorry to bump a old thread but this same dog has taken flight again after todays thunder, came home from work and no sign of her. Cleared a 7 foot high wall. Last time she was found out around Barry's cross so if anyone is out that direction please keep an eye out.

Edit she is back was spotted in the fields next to Carraig Midhe soaking wet and covered in cow poo ! Brilliant !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Glad you found her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

I think you need a bigger wall. but glad to see her back.

Advertisement