Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What value to put on Signed Football shirts

• 14-03-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

We're having a raffle in our local club soon for a charity and we have sourced a number of signed shirts and the value of these would probably help us to determine what price we should put on the raffle tickets. What kind of idea of value would people put on the following?

Signed Munster Rugby Jersey by the current squad
    Signed Sunderland Jersey by the current squad
    Signed Ireland Rugby Jersey by the Ireland Grand Slam winning team
    Signed Man City Jersey given to Richard Dunne by the Man City team after his last game for the team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Check out ebay, prob give you an idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Signed Man City Jersey given to Richard Dunne by the Man City team after his last game for the team

Kinda surprising that Dunne is parting with that. Would have thought a shirt like that would have been kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Saw a cantona one for 199 and bryan robson one for 85, both Utd jerseys.
    Would imagine match specfic ones are worth a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Kinda surprising that Dunne is parting with that. Would have thought a shirt like that would have been kept.

Ya we were all surprised. One of the guys running the raffle with us, his mother practically raised Richard Dunne so she knows him like one of her own so he was more than delighted to help out. By all accounts the guy is a pure gent and said he would give a lot more to help out if he can

Niall Quinn organised the Sunderland jersey as he is personal friends with one of the women involved in our club and he lives locally aswell when he's at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Instead of a raffle, why not hold an auction for them. Wait until later in the night when people have had a few beers and make sure you can accept credit cards so people dont change their mind in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Instead of a raffle, why not hold an auction for them. Wait until later in the night when people have had a few beers and make sure you can accept credit cards so people dont change their mind in the morning.

yeah auction would be a better idea... was at a table quiz recently and a signed Leinster jersey by the Heineken Cup winning team went for 250 quid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bolster the auction's efficacy by having a local aspiring model-type (read: semi-decent bird starved for attention) wear the jersey during auction. Drunk men will bid more under the illusion that she will somehow come with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    1)Signed Munster Rugby Jersey by the current squad
    2)Signed Sunderland Jersey by the current squad
    3)Signed Ireland Rugby Jersey by the Ireland Grand Slam winning team
    4)Signed Man City Jersey given to Richard Dunne by the Man City team after his last game for the team
    1) 57 quid brand new. You need to subtract a few quid for it being defaced by fat lads unless the ink washes out.

2) Probably woth little to be honest. Sure slap a hundred quid tag on it and hope for the best.

3) To someone like me, I wouldn't use it to clean the car. Others might think differently. 100 quid maybe.

4) Dunne is a bit of a legend. Since the jersey has some meaning, I'd prob value it at 200-300 quid. Top end if you had a letter to prove it's genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

3) To someone like me, I wouldn't use it to clean the car. Others might think differently. 100 quid maybe.

Ah here. I'm not a massive rugby fan but, that was our first grand slam in 60 years! Guaranteed to be a lot of people willing to pay far more for that than any of the others would fetch I'd imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I have a jersey signed by the grand slam team last year and I wouldn't part with it for less than 500 euro. Going to get more valuable as players retire etc. Good luck with the draw/raffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

auctions depend on the people attending them.

without being condescending, a lot of average people these days arent going to be able to spend upwards of €200 on a jersey to hang on their wall.

but most people will buy 4 tickets at a €10 each for the chance to do so.

maybe an auction with a reserve, if its not met a raffle is held

Advertisement